Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Breakfast at Dennys

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2010, 12:10 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Feb 6 is a Saturday; however, you also mention Tuesday, which, would be the 9th...
Old Feb 4, 2010, 3:53 pm

It is Feb 9th. And not to be outdone, IHOP is bringing back free* pancake day in 2010. IHOP brings even greater value added to their proposition by offering a compliementary wake up call from Steve Young, Miss America or Marie Osmond. I'm going to register all my enemies to get the Marie Osmond call. ^

* donation to local children's hospital suggested
Old Feb 4, 2010, 5:55 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Lufthomie
Anyone else???^
none for me thanks, if you really needed the free Denny's breakfast then hope you enjoyed^

--
Old Feb 8, 2010, 1:23 pm

Programs: Motel 6 Club Avoir Le Cafard
I stand corrected, it's tomorrow, Feb. 9, 2010; and Denny's has announced you can also have a free Grand Slam Breakfast on your birthday.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 2:10 pm

Programs: United, American, Southwest, USAirways, Delta
Originally Posted by dbuckho
The Grand Slam breakfast consists of two pancakes, two eggs, two strips of bacon and two sausage links. It weighs in at 44 grams of fat, 56 carbohydrates and 770 calories, according to CNN affiliate KETV in Omaha, Nebraska.
OK, as a guy, my daily caloric intake is supposed to be about 2000 calories, right? So as long as I don't follow up my Grand Slam with a Big Mac, large fries, and Coke for lunch and dinner, I should be OK.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by pittpanther
So as long as I don't follow up my Grand Slam with a Big Mac, large fries, and Coke for lunch and dinner, I should be OK.
More like so long as you don't follow up with food that has sodium or cholesterol because the Grand Slam provides more than 100% of the recommended daily intake for both.

I also wonder what kind of short cuts they'll go to so save money on doing this. You get what you pay for, and I wonder what quality of eggs and bacon you'll get for FREE?
Old Feb 8, 2010, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, HH Dia, yadda, yadda....
I like free food as much as the next guy but this will not be free if you value your time at anything > 0. These promotions bring in large crowds and you can expect quite a wait. Personally I'd rather pay $5-6 and eat elsewhere without a wait and a more leasurely rate and atmosphe.
The birthday offer is interesting as there will not be the same crowding problem.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
I'm going to not and say I did.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 6:59 pm

How long were the lines for this year's Dennys Slam Fest?
Old Feb 14, 2010, 10:47 pm

Programs: Motel 6 Club Avoir Le Cafard
About 10 minutes, at noon. The line moved very quickly.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 4:55 am

Programs: AAdvantage Citi Platinum Select, DL Skymiles/AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by photo_guy
<snip>Personally I'd rather pay $5-6 and eat elsewhere without a wait and a more leasurely rate and atmosphe.
Yeah, I'd rather suck it up, go to Cracker Barrel and fork over $9-10 for a quality breakfast. Free or not, Denny's is horribly disgusting, IMO.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 2:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
Dennys breakfast is great and well priced. It is ok quality and the same you will get and any typical chain restaurant that serves breakfast.

I go to the one by LAX on Century all the time before early morning flights since the food sucks in T7 at LAX.

I like looking at the different types of people who are there. all kinds, business people, backpackers, and night shift workers.

I wont eat at dennys though for lunch or dinner but have been there after a late night on the town
Old Feb 15, 2010, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
Originally Posted by Benny8444
Dennys breakfast is great and well priced. It is ok quality and the same you will get and any typical chain restaurant that serves breakfast.
Dennys consistently has the best hashbrowns on the planet, and has for 45+ years. That, and the fact that they cook the eggs exactly as I order them 9 out of 10 times is really why I go there.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 6:54 am
Suspended

Was there a limit to the number of free breakfasts per person or was every Dennys simply full of the same people all day ?
Old Feb 17, 2010, 11:53 am

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Gold, HH D
Originally Posted by dbuckho
The Grand Slam breakfast consists of two pancakes, two eggs, two strips of bacon and two sausage links. It weighs in at 44 grams of fat, 56 carbohydrates and 770 calories, according to CNN affiliate KETV in Omaha, Nebraska.
Yikes o.O

Bit of an overload compared to my typical yogurt and granola bar or grapefruit.

The last time I ate at a Denny's (not by choice, my brother insisted and dragged me there), the quality was terrible. My friend ordered whole wheat toast and they actually brought it to her covered in mold! The food itself could have been improved by the mold I think - at least it would have gone from bland to having SOME kind of (icky) flavour!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.