Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

How Long will you Wait for a Meal before Complaining ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Long will you Wait for a Meal before Complaining ?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2011, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by mjcewl1284
I usually abide by a 10/30 rule. 10 minutes to be acknolwedged by wait staff. 30 minutes from order placed with wait staff for food.
Right. The customers should waits for a least 10 minutes while they are cooking the foods and I didn't have any complaining at all. I decide that I order a meals at dinner or lunch that we can choose. If the restaurant is too extremely busy and they should have keep patience while the server is busy with others customers and they should keep concentrate on the customers to asks the server for what they want to eat for dinners tonight. They should have to keep aware of the customers who likes to eat Italian or Chinese and any kind of those stuffs.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 2:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Peterpack
How long will you wait for a meal/course before complaining ?

Generally what do you think is a reasonable maximum wait time ?
What kind of meal/course? Why do you ask? There's no generally. It varies 100% based on where it is, what it is, what you ordered, how busy they are, who you are with, etc.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by PurpleTravel
For me, it depends on the restaurant. However, if others that were seated after me are served before me with no valid explanation, that is certain grounds for complaining regardless of the time that has passed (my restaurant peeve).
For a server coming to your table to get you drinks, I agree, but for food, no. Different menu items have different cooking times. If a table that was seated 10 minutes after you ordered two wraps for example, or rare steaks, that will be ready a hell of a lot quicker then your well done steak or chicken breast.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
If I don't have a drink order taken in 10 minutes I'm leaving.

Food takes as much time to prepare as it takes. Depends on what you order, no ?

An experienced diner knows that a Caesar salad is faster than a Chateaubriand.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Smile

Originally Posted by KDS777
If I don't have a drink order taken in 10 minutes I'm leaving.

Food takes as much time to prepare as it takes. Depends on what you order, no ?

An experienced diner knows that a Caesar salad is faster than a Chateaubriand.
But the difference is less if you prefer your Chateaubriand cooked rare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.