Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

The very bestest bar in the whole wide world ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The very bestest bar in the whole wide world ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2007, 7:04 pm

Programs: Delta PM,UA 1P,
Originally Posted by Elite VIP
The Beach Ball in Newport Beach, California is tops...right on the beach and the place to be...especially in Summer months.
Spent many a nights at the Beach Ball but prefer the Balboa Saloon near the Balboa pavillion in Newport Beach.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

so weve heard beer mentions..

what about single malts and wine?
Old Jan 27, 2007, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
so weve heard beer mentions..

what about single malts and wine?
Not much of a wine drinker, but being from NI I do have a soft spot for Bushmills "Black Bush" (http://www.bushmills.com/en-row/OurRange/BlackBush.htm) or ofcourse the good old reliable JD ^
Old Jan 27, 2007, 4:04 pm

Casey Moore's Oyster Bar Tempe Arizona

Casey Moore's Oyster Bar (house?) @ Ninth and Ash in Tempe Arizona sits in a historic neighborhood in a house built in 1910 that is haunted ( I have not seen any ghosts but some beautiful aberrations) . The palce is always very busy on weekends Great Oysters, steaks, burgers. Total cross cutural crowd from couples going to local plays at Gammage theater to young single ASU students having a good time deeper into the night. The place is hard place to find because it is not located near any of the corporate bar/restaurants in town on Mill Ave but it is just 5 min from PHX Sky harbor airport.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 4:13 pm

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
Thumbs up

the Bedroom, in Rio
Old Jan 27, 2007, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
For a wine bar, how about the Soho Kitchen in NYC?

Favorite bar: the LX Business Class Lounge Bar in ZRH (upstairs)
Old Jan 31, 2007, 5:01 pm

Ghost Bar - Vegas
Old Jan 31, 2007, 5:13 pm

Programs: NW Gold, United Premier, Hertz 5 Star, Priority Club PLT, Hilton Gold
Kitzbul in the winter

I'll never forget the New Londoner Pub in Kitzbul Austria
Old Feb 1, 2007, 4:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
Give me a simple, "popular with the locals" pub in a small town/small city with real people, good food, cheap beer, good conversation and no pretentions of any sort. A good well used jukebox is also a plus. If its the "in place" du jour or "the place to be seen", I don't want any part of it.

I'll take a little hole in the wall like Evelyn's in New Orleans, Heart and Crown in Ottawa, The Lamb in Birkhamsted (UK), Leonardo's in Cedar Rapids, The Spot in Renton (WA), Labemi's in Crystal Lake, (IL) etc. over anything "cool".
Old Feb 1, 2007, 5:05 pm

Programs: Delta PM,UA 1P,
Originally Posted by cyberdad
Give me a simple, "popular with the locals" pub in a small town/small city with real people, good food, cheap beer, good conversation and no pretentions of any sort. A good well used jukebox is also a plus. If its the "in place" du jour or "the place to be seen", I don't want any part of it.

I'll take a little hole in the wall like Evelyn's in New Orleans, Heart and Crown in Ottawa, The Lamb in Birkhamsted (UK), Leonardo's in Cedar Rapids, The Spot in Renton (WA), Labemi's in Crystal Lake, (IL) etc. over anything "cool".
You would love Henry and Harrys Goat Hill tavern in Costa Mesa CA.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 5:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tonerman
Or to borrow part of your username ...Toners Bar on Baggot Street in Dublin.

With a bit of hard work and a strong constitution we could make this the longest-running thread on FT !
Old Feb 1, 2007, 5:18 pm

Sirkus in Rekjavik is probably the coolestbestestfunnestfunkiest bar this side of the moon.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 8:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
Originally Posted by tonerman

I'll check it out! Definitely.
Old Feb 2, 2007, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Evita, Tel Aviv
Old Feb 2, 2007, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Talking

Originally Posted by cyberdad

You got it correctly for me as well. While I really do mind shelling out $250+ for a bottle with a store/state value of $20-35, I'll will do it if I am with the right friends. Otherwise, neighborhood "hole in the walls" with no live bands!

When I went to a Baltimore Ravens game, there is a place near the stadium that will sell you a half pint or pint and let's you pour your own drinks and give you all the mixer you need. I forget the name of the place and I 'll have to ask my cousin who took me there, but after the game I don't remember much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.