Best Bottled Water

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Bottled Water

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2012, 5:56 am

Vittel is hands down the best imho, especially cold from a glass bottle

Can't stand the taste of Spa, I prefer tap water to Spa.

Any suggestions where I can buy Vittel cheap in SoCal? In the days where the second bag was still free on transatlantic flights, I used to fill one suitcase with Vittel 1,5 liter bottles. Was fun to see the look on the customs officer's face when they saw the x-ray image of my bags .
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:43 am

Location: MEL, PER, PBO, occasionally ships, oil rigs and other places that no sane human being should ever find themselves
Programs: IHG RA, PC Plat, QF Plat/LTS
Originally Posted by medic51vrf
I find this thread really interesting. I can't believe that so many people take water this seriously. Excluding carbonated, flavored, etc waters, water should be colorless, odorless and tasteless so how can one be the best compared to other clear liquids that you can't smell or taste?

My favorite water? Anything clean and sanitary (or at least able to be filtered). I was staying at the IC in MEL recently and the water given to you (and also available in the minibar) came with some spiel about how it's only collected from a certain mountain stream when the air quality is within a certain range and a goose farts in a certain direction or some other such garbage and I couldn't help but think "Who cares? It tastes like... Nothing. Just the way water should."
"TAKE a closer look at your bottle of "pure" water: it's probably sourced from the tap. Millions of unsuspecting customers are buying filtered tap water and boiled rainwater at massive mark-ups of more than 180,000 per cent."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/money/money-m...#ixzz24ZpczwJZ
Old Aug 27, 2012, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
The answers are still Evian and Fiji.
except the answer is Badoit
Old Aug 28, 2012, 1:10 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
I like:

Vittel
Volvic
Voss
Evian
Acqua Panna

but my favourite currently is Fiji.

For sparkling, I like San Pelligrino, Acqua Panna and Perrier.

I cannot stand Badoit -- that stuff tastes horrible!!
Old Aug 28, 2012, 6:52 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

My favorite is Hildon
http://www.hildon.com
Old Aug 29, 2012, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by medic51vrf
I find this thread really interesting. I can't believe that so many people take water this seriously. Excluding carbonated, flavored, etc waters, water should be colorless, odorless and tasteless so how can one be the best compared to other clear liquids that you can't smell or taste?

My favorite water? Anything clean and sanitary (or at least able to be filtered). I was staying at the IC in MEL recently and the water given to you (and also available in the minibar) came with some spiel about how it's only collected from a certain mountain stream when the air quality is within a certain range and a goose farts in a certain direction or some other such garbage and I couldn't help but think "Who cares? It tastes like... Nothing. Just the way water should."
I pretty much agree. I figure if I survived college dorm tap water (or worse, Wasser mit Kohlensäure ), it's ridiculous to spend any extra time or money buying bottled water, unless I'm in a developing country.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:04 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Well I'm not going to voluntarily gulp from a tap in places such as Jakarta or Guangzhou, the former because I typically see it "come with" an oil slick, and the latter because I save the naïveté for the street vendors. I may even force myself to down soda as so many water bottles in China are "filled" to varying heights... Also, what the heck is going on in Houston's pipes, that stuff was foul.

Though for some reason I seem to recall Aquafina being quite nice in Vietnam, and disgusting in the states.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 8:23 am

Programs: UA 1K
For me, it's Fiji. If I buy it, I drink it... otherwise, I have a bad habit of not drinking enough water.

I also like the carbonated La Croix waters...plain or most flavors. Can't quite get into the coconut one though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.