Best craft/regional/local microbrew beer? [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best craft/regional/local microbrew beer? [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2006, 2:51 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, UA 1K, DL Gold, AA EXP
I really enjoy Ska Brewing Company - their True Blonde Ale is pretty good in my book. I think they're located somewhere in CO -Durango, maybe?

They're available in a few stores in a few states, but not nearly as much as other microbrews.
Old May 8, 2006, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA - GLD; MR - GLD;
If you every hit NY, I suggest checking out the Brooklyn Brewery, fun place!
Old May 8, 2006, 9:46 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AF, SPG and Tivo!
Pyramid Hefe, Seattle ^

It's my favorite
Old May 9, 2006, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by tkey75
Yes, the topic of the best beer is really, really subjective. That said, the best beers made in the U.S. come from a Maryland microbrewery, Dogfish Head. They have made some of the most innovative brews in the world recently, including the 120 Minute I.P.A. , which was my introduction to their beers. Several of their products have won multiple awards, and deservedly so.
Dogfish is sold in quite a few places in my area, Northern Virginia. Must be considered quite good given the NoVA-MD rivalry that often leads to silly sniping between the two.
Old May 9, 2006, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1mm; DL Plt; Marriott Gold; Hyatt something or other; Hilton Gold
The entire Saranac line from Upstate NY!
Old May 9, 2006, 7:25 pm

Programs: ex-DL Plat & Marriott Rewards elite
Thumbs up Best microbrew...

Best secure brewskies are at PDX's Widmer pub on concourse D.

The best landside (aka kiss-n-cry) place to enjoy a microbrew is the Woodford Reserve restaurant in Louisville. I shuttle Wife and visitors from CVG to SDF so often the servers recognize us

If you can't imbibe landside, Bluegrass Brewing Company (who beers Woodford landside) has a thriving operation after security there, but I haven't gotten to try it yet
Old May 9, 2006, 7:27 pm

Always worth a pint is anything from the Ithaca Brewery in Ithaca, NY
Old May 9, 2006, 7:31 pm

Programs: No more status...just doing my best in burning my points/miles.
It's tough. I'd have to personally say...Olde English.

But, seriously I really do like Sierra Nevada, Fat Tire, and for some reason I have an affinity for a good Hef. They're not exactly a microbrew anymore.
Old May 9, 2006, 9:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Indian Railways Wallah Program
Originally Posted by cincypix
Best secure brewskies are at PDX's Widmer pub on concourse D.

The best landside (aka kiss-n-cry) place to enjoy a microbrew is the Woodford Reserve restaurant in Louisville. I shuttle Wife and visitors from CVG to SDF so often the servers recognize us
Beerwise the Portland Brewing Company Pub @ PDX is excellent. 30+ brews on tap.

I'm also a fan of Terminal Gravity brewing company - Eastern Oregon based, available on tap at several pubs in PDX, available in bottles at Whole Foods in Portland.

How I miss Oregon microbrews.
Old May 10, 2006, 8:25 am

Programs: UA, AA, F9
"Seasonal" Hefeweitzen (I say "seasonal" because it's been the same season for 6 years now) at Rock Bottom Brewpub in Colorado. My wife and friends call it "The Banana" because although they use bananas and typically it's not that stong in the beer, one time it was really strong and they said it was like eating a banana. I just say I'm getting my fruit requirement for the day. It also has cloves and something else for flavor I can't remember. Quite excellent beer, and they have many other quite good beers. I'm glad I live in Colorado where the brew to population ratio is quite high.
Old May 10, 2006, 8:45 am

If you are ever lost in Wisconsin you should try some of the New Glarus Brewery beers. Unfortunately they are only sold in Wisconsin.

Ah Beer – is it lunch time yet?
Old May 10, 2006, 10:12 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by MECU
"Seasonal" Hefeweitzen (I say "seasonal" because it's been the same season for 6 years now) at Rock Bottom Brewpub in Colorado. My wife and friends call it "The Banana" because although they use bananas and typically it's not that stong in the beer, one time it was really strong and they said it was like eating a banana. I just say I'm getting my fruit requirement for the day. It also has cloves and something else for flavor I can't remember. Quite excellent beer, and they have many other quite good beers. I'm glad I live in Colorado where the brew to population ratio is quite high.
I think the server or perhaps even the brewer was putting one over on you because, actually, they don't really use bananas and cloves; those flavors are generated by the yeast strains typically used to brew a hefeweizen.

Lots of places make a hefeweizen or another type of wheat beer during the summer months because many people find that they're very refreshing in hot weather.
Old May 10, 2006, 9:36 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Yuengling for me
Old May 11, 2006, 4:30 am

Programs: UA dirt... and btw, THE innovator of the phrase 'gate lice'. Yeah, that's right.
Originally Posted by mkt
Yuengling for me
Yes, Yuengling is very good. My other fav is Fat Tire.
That's two regional brews that if they wanted, could become successful on a national scale.
Old May 11, 2006, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
Originally Posted by mkt
Yuengling for me
I also like it.

Worth trying Lagunitas IPA's when you see it, especally if you're in Marin County, CA (near SFO). It's yummy.... they're distributing it to a lot of brew pubs around the state now as a 'guest' beer. My local Pizzaport here in SAN has it on tap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.