Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Restaurants In Laguna

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2005, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
Originally Posted by onefreetraveler
I would recommend Carmello's which is located north of LB on PCH. They have great italian food and the table side ceasar salad is incredible!!

Have a great time!!!
They closed & now are the Landmark Steakhouse - food is getting mixed reviews, but the nightclub is hot hot hot right now...
Old Sep 9, 2005, 7:45 pm

Programs: US Airways CP, HH VIP
Las Brisas is good for appetizers and drinks (on outside patio only). I really like their guacamole and chips. Great at sunset. Also, I recently dined at 230, at 230 Forest Ave. Highly recommended! Cheers!
Old Sep 12, 2005, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Update

I contacted the concierge at the Montage just to see what they would suggest and received the following recommendations: French 75, Five Feet, Hush, Tabu Grill, Javiers and 230 Forest. Sounds like the resort is on the same page as everyone here, which is a very good sign. I will definitely try most of these places for either lunch or dinner. Thanks again for all your help!

ust as an update, I went ahead an contacted the Montage concierge and had them make reservations at Studio and Hush. I will leave the final evening open and make me decision at a later date.

Last edited by First_Class_Flyer; Sep 14, 2005 at 4:42 pm
Old Sep 16, 2005, 3:53 am

i just had dinner at flemings the other day though its in newport beach. great steaks.
Old Sep 17, 2005, 3:53 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum,Hilton Diamond,Hyatt Diamond,WN Companion Pass, AA Plat, Hertz Plat
Thanks for the update Brenda. I really liked that place, but I guess it's now time to find a new favorite.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, Marriott Titanium & LT Platinum, Avis PC, Hertz PC
A couple of "locals" places no one has mentioned are Picayo (#1 Zagat rated) and Dizz's as Is.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Hey thanks LagunaBeach, I was actually looking for something local. Picayo looks really good. It sounds like the food is very good.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 11:27 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
For a quick casual lunch, stop by Taco Loco on PCH.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 9:30 pm

3 words: Wahoo's Fish Tacos
Old Sep 28, 2005, 9:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Carmello's Closed

I believe that Carmello's (referred to above) closed about a year ago.
Old Sep 29, 2005, 10:24 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by mesadler
3 words: Wahoo's Fish Tacos
Wahoo's is good, Taco Loco is better. By miles. Give it a try next time you are there!

I recommend the Blackened Calamari Tacos, or a Blackened Tofu Mushroom burger.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 10:58 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro; United Premier Platinum
Wahoo's??? You're going to Laguna Beach for that??? OMG! You do realize that it's a fast food joint, right? I personally don't think it's all that great...you can get the same food at any baja style fast food chain like Baja Fresh or Rubio's.

I also don't recommend Javier's. It's a Mexican Restaurant and it's okay. Overpriced for the quality of the food they serve, but not bad...just not great either. Actually their other location at the Irvine Spectrum is better. The ambiance is nicer and the food even tastes better. If you want Mexican food in Laguna, do Las Brisas instead. I think they have a better ambiance and better food. Also, Miguel's in Foothill Ranch (about 15 miles inland) is much, much better, but that is quite a ways out of your way.

I like Cannons in Dana Point for Sunday Brunch. It's right on the coast and the food is great. Just south of Laguna Beach.

If you're in Laguna Beach, how about driving up the coast on PCH to Newport Beach? TONS of great restaurants there. I like Five Crowns in Corona Del Mar for steaks and prime rib.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 9:03 pm

Programs: BA Blue forever!
Had a great dinner at Tabu recently. It's on South Coast Highway opposite the beach. Delicious lamb chops and scallops. Must reserve as it's small. You can sit at the counter to watch the action. Everything a la carte so not cheap.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 11:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum/UAPremier Gold/IC Platinum
Rick's Partners Bistro in Laguna Beach was delicious. Try the chocolate souffle! Thanks for the tip. I'll go back the next time I'm in the area. Sandy
Originally Posted by Baby61212
I was born and raised in OC, and Partners Bistro at 448 South Coast Highway is one of my favorite restaurants. Charming ambience, great food and excellent service every time. Try their nightly fixed-price menu. Also, right around the corner is an amazing chocolate boutique.
http://www.partnersbistro.com/
Old Nov 6, 2005, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Just as another update, I'm leaving on Friday for Laguna. I chose Studio and Hush and left the last night open. I'm really anticipating these restaurants and will write a review when I get back. Thanks again for all your advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.