Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Single Diner Seeking Steak in Vegas

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2004, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Single Diner Seeking Steak in Vegas

Sorry, said Gallagher's at New York New York. Before 9:30 p.m., we can only seat you at the bar. Sorry, said Smith & Wollensky's across The Strip from the Monte Carlo. We can only put you in a seatless chair at a high top in the bar area. We're really glad to see you, said Craft Steak at the MGM, where I sat at a prime table, enjoy spirited service, carved up a delicious filet, and dined on a side dish to die for -- autumn squash risotto. Bravo, Craft Steak!
Old Dec 4, 2004, 12:22 pm
Original Member

Craftsteak is my favorite restaurant in the world. Despite their excellent steak, Crafsteak is really all about the side dishes. The beets are to die for.

QL
Old Dec 4, 2004, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow, that's quite an endorsement, Richard. I haven't had a chance to make it to Cholicchio's Craft in New York; I've been wanting to taste his wares for some time. Perhaps I'll give Craftsteak a try on Friday.
Old Dec 4, 2004, 6:56 pm

Going to LAS December

Thanks for information - I am headed to LAS next week for business trip, I'll be sure and skip those places since I'll be by myself too
Old Dec 4, 2004, 7:05 pm

Programs: All My $$$ Went to CO (Plat) with a Lifetime PClub membership that got degraded to United crap...
Anyone try Delmonico? I have had great meals there and never a problem with a single seat, but I stay at Venetian and that might why I haven't had a problem.
Old Dec 4, 2004, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by KosraeTV
Anyone try Delmonico? I have had great meals there and never a problem with a single seat, but I stay at Venetian and that might why I haven't had a problem.
I love Delmonicos. The Parmasean Truffle oil Chips are the best.
Save room for the deserts
Old Dec 4, 2004, 7:54 pm

Programs: All My $$$ Went to CO (Plat) with a Lifetime PClub membership that got degraded to United crap...
Atleast there's one other Venetian out there. I'll save you a seat Feb 2005 & Aug 2005. Dominico has won a lot of awards but usually I do not put much stock in that, after eating there the first time I now always go back. But I plan on trying Bouchon as I haven't been there yet.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 12:18 am

Programs: HP - Plat; HHonors - Dia; Hyatt - Dia; SPG - Plat; Marr - Silv; Avis - Pref Sel
Del Frisco's

Originally Posted by 0524
Sorry, said Gallagher's at New York New York. Before 9:30 p.m., we can only seat you at the bar. Sorry, said Smith & Wollensky's across The Strip from the Monte Carlo. We can only put you in a seatless chair at a high top in the bar area. We're really glad to see you, said Craft Steak at the MGM, where I sat at a prime table, enjoy spirited service, carved up a delicious filet, and dined on a side dish to die for -- autumn squash risotto. Bravo, Craft Steak!
Whenever I'm in LAS and want to impress clients (and get a great dinner myself!) I go to Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House at Paradise and Flamingo. Management is very friendly and accommodating, and have even rewarded my loyal patronage with some free port and cigars or wine at different times.

On the few occasions when I was flying solo, I chose to eat at the bar, where there is always lively conversation among friendly patrons and bar staff. The bar stools do have backs.

Terrific food and atmosphere.

The one in Denver Tech Center is as good. The one in Orlando is not.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

My wife and I had one of the best meals ever at Del Frisco's in Manhattan.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 4:25 pm

0524 & ftonyp, Thanks for the comments on Del Frisco's, I've driven past it many times in LV and know exactly where it is but never stopped. After hearing your reports I'll definitely go next trip. Too many restaurants too little time....
Old Dec 5, 2004, 11:10 pm

I can't speak to Delmonico's in Vegas, but I can to the original one in New Orleans.

IMHO, it is overpriced for what you get. Although the service is impeccable, very nice tableware and linens, excellent wine list, etc. It always seemed to me that something was missing from the meal itself. Although all the dishes were interesting, and presented very well, the food itself didn't seem to be special. At least in MSY, I can give a dozen recommendations for food that are better than Delmonico, and at least half of those half equivalent service. Finally, I always seem to leave there with twice the bill that I would from Jacahmo's, Palace Cafe, Brennan's Steakhouse, etc.
Old Dec 6, 2004, 4:09 pm
Original Member

Delmonico in Vegas is very different from the NOLA location. I have to say, though, I am at opposites with your assessment. Lunch at Delmonico was the best meal I had in New Orleans; Brennan's the most disappointing.

QL
Old Dec 6, 2004, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by QuietLion
Delmonico in Vegas is very different from the NOLA location. I have to say, though, I am at opposites with your assessment. Lunch at Delmonico was the best meal I had in New Orleans; Brennan's the most disappointing.

QL
There are 9 Brennan's restaurants in NOLA, 4 of them with the name Brennan's. The original Brennan's I wouldn't eat at either. Brennan's Steakhouse, which is a different owner, I've had some great food at in the past.
Old Dec 6, 2004, 7:32 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat, UA Premier Exec, CX Gold, Diamond GP, Hilton Gold, RC Gold
Craft and CraftSteak!

Craft and CraftSteak rules! Nice.

Makes me want to go to vegas now....d'oh.
Old Dec 7, 2004, 9:23 am

Another vote for Delmonico here. I am no one to the Ventian and was given free desseret. Whole meal was excellent and service was great.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.