Reload this Page >

Single Diner Seeking Steak in Vegas

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Single Diner Seeking Steak in Vegas

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2004, 10:14 pm

Programs: Delta Silver thanks to Million Miles; Choice Plat., point scrounger everywhere
Hey Rubindj, we're close neighbors

Originally Posted by rubindj
I can't speak to Delmonico's in Vegas, but I can to the original one in New Orleans.

IMHO, it is overpriced for what you get. Although the service is impeccable, very nice tableware and linens, excellent wine list, etc. It always seemed to me that something was missing from the meal itself. Although all the dishes were interesting, and presented very well, the food itself didn't seem to be special. At least in MSY, I can give a dozen recommendations for food that are better than Delmonico, and at least half of those half equivalent service. Finally, I always seem to leave there with twice the bill that I would from Jacahmo's, Palace Cafe, Brennan's Steakhouse, etc.
Rubindj, I think you are a bit harsh on the N.O. Delmonico's. I've eaten twice at the pre-Emeril and post-Emeril Delmonico's, and without question Emerial has a fancier and much more expensive presentation. The Vegas Delmonico's is absolutely great. A waiter warned me that I shouldn't put worstershire sauce on my steak without tasting it first. He was right. It was highly seasoned, and needed absolutely nothing. For some it would be too seasoned, but I loved it.

Have you ever tried the Bon Ton Cafe on Magazine. This is one of my favorite restaurants, ever, simple but great.

I'm from Holly Springs, and I dare say we probably know each other through mutual friends.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.