Wiki Posts
Search

smorgasbord in Stockholm

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2004, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

smorgasbord in Stockholm

Hi all,

Am looking for good place to have smorgasbord in Stockholm in December. I know the Grand Hotel has one. Where else would you recommand? I'm prepared to splurge, but would also like to hear about modest local places.

Thanks

toryvict
Old Dec 1, 2004, 3:23 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Being fairly familiar with Sweden and Stockholm (been there at least 20 times) I would dare to suggest the "Ulla Winbladh" Restaurant that is determined to keep Swedish seasonal home cooking (husmannskost) alive. I am not entirely sure if they do buffet lunches but their cuisine is definetily worth sampling. They have a homepage in swedish and english including a PDF menu at: http://www.ullawinbladh.se

Otherwise a smorgasbord is more of a hotel/cruise thing in Scandinavia. But you have perfect timing, as most good restaurants and hotels do a separate Christmas Buffet/Julbordet including all the traditional Christmas delicacies such as pickled herring, smoked salmon, roasted duck etc.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Uhlriksdahl is probably the finest in the world for Christmas Smorgasbord. It is also is in the Guinnes Book of World Records for top wine collection in the world. It's just 5-10 minutes from the Grand hotel by taxi.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 8:06 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Ah, the wonders of the Internet age. There seems to be a webpage devoted to just this topic.

http://www.julbordet.se

It's a Swedish-language page where Stockholm restaurants promote their Christmas Buffets including prices in Swedish Kronor.

Last edited by mosburger; Dec 2, 2004 at 8:08 am
Old Dec 2, 2004, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mosburger
Ah, the wonders of the Internet age. There seems to be a webpage devoted to just this topic.

http://www.julbordet.se

It's a Swedish-language page where Stockholm restaurants promote their Christmas Buffets including prices in Swedish Kronor.

PERFECT! This is EXACTLY what I'm hoping for. Thanks very much mosburger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.