Wiki Posts
Search

New Orleans place to watch the Auburn

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2004, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Hilton Diamond, HI Platinum, Delta Platinum
New Orleans place to watch the Auburn

Alabama game with decent food, restaurant or sports bar.

Thanks
Old Nov 16, 2004, 10:41 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
Try Cooter Brown's

Multiple TVs, a satellite dish, excellent selection of beers (and it's right on the St. Charles streetcar line if you have too many of their excellent selection of beers) fresh-shucked oysters and a very, VERY good muffaletta.

Be sure to check out the caricatures of the Celebrity Hall of Foam on the walls at half time. The choice of the beer held by each sculpture has a meaning.

The address is:

509 S. Carrollton Avenue
Phone 504-866-9104
http://www.cooterbrowns.com/main.html
Old Nov 16, 2004, 10:51 am

Programs: UA GS, AA PLT, HH Diamond
I agree, Cooter Brown's is probably the best place to watch the game. I have watched many a game there. There beer selection is amazing, most of it is in bottles, but still plenty on tap. Also food is an order your own, and serve your self from the back area. However, the food is good. They recently added a bunch of plasma TV's and expanded some. Location is easy. It is right near Camellia Grill, near the corner of Carrolton and St. Charles. It is on the River side of St. Charles, just look for the Exxon Station (diaganol from the Shell Station) and the Daquari place.

However, if you are near the Quarter or the CBD and don't want to go to the uptown area on the street car, there is a sports bar in the Hilton called Kelsey's it is right above the riverwalk mall. It is ok, but the atomosphere is not real good, and it carries hotel prices.

Hope this helps you out
Old Nov 17, 2004, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Hilton Diamond, HI Platinum, Delta Platinum
Thanks for the information. It is most appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.