Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Michelin Restaurants" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Michelin Restaurants" thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 11:40 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Portland looks very nice. Not sure why I've never been but it's on the list now.

Other than a couple non M* places in the interim, in two weeks it's an extra long weekend for me in Tokyo with visits to Kadowaki and Le Sputnik (a recommendation from our very own estnet) currently booked.

May pick one more M* on the day but we're also going to cruise through a swath of everyday restaurants for their respective specialities. Always fun.
uggboy likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 1:16 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I was surprised by how good Atelier Morimoto was in Tokyo (particularly the Teppanyaki) and also how good value it was. Obviously it's not a 3* type experience, but for just great food and service you can't go too far wrong.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 12:22 pm

Programs: some
L'Arpege was one of our greatest 3* disappointments. Snooty waiters, a terrible sommelier and less-than-impressive food...Maybe I need to give this a second chance.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Looks delicious. I make a point to buy a box of tomatoes (sometimes cherry, sometimes sungold) at the farmer's market in Union Square. So good.

Surprisingly, I do not have any more Michelin-starred spots on the calendar as of now! My next upscale meal will probably be at Shuko (which really should have a star...mystery to me why it does not yet). I will probably be back for some advice on starred restaurants to eat in London in a couple months, particularly if there are any that do special Christmas Eve and/or Christmas Day dinners
I can already tell you I LOVE Helene Darroze at the Connaught (2*). Haven't been to Gordon Ramsay yet but Alain Ducasse was a bit underwhelming, though AD has phenomenal wine pairings at eminently fair prices.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 2:09 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
I had dinner last night at L'atelier de Jöel Robuchon in London and while the food was fantastic, service was bad.

I had the jamon iberico, carrot dish, and burgers with foie gras. Everything was cooked properly and tasted fantastic.

I was one of 4 tables and a variety of employees walked past my empty plate 4 times before picking it up.

I was kinda disappointed about how many places were closed on the weekend in London.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by CappuccinoAddict
I can already tell you I LOVE Helene Darroze at the Connaught (2*). Haven't been to Gordon Ramsay yet but Alain Ducasse was a bit underwhelming, though AD has phenomenal wine pairings at eminently fair prices.
I did GR 6 years ago - was excellent, but will be looking g for something new. I will have to see if Helene Darroze is open on the 24th or 25th!
Old Sep 5, 2017, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by CappuccinoAddict
I thought the 'Saute gourmand of lobster' with truffled chicken quenelles at AD was one of the best signature dishes I've had in awhile. Wine pairings were indeed good (and very generous). Agree complete re Helene Darroze at the Connaught.

Originally Posted by United747
I had dinner last night at L'atelier de Jöel Robuchon in London and while the food was fantastic, service was bad.
Service in London can be atrocious and it doesn't seem to matter where you are. I think I mentioned upthread that I had service problems at Marcus as well. Don't know what the underlying cause is, but it is definitely a problem here.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some

I had the jamon iberico, carrot dish, and burgers with foie gras. Everything was cooked properly and tasted fantastic.

I was one of 4 tables and a variety of employees walked past my empty plate 4 times before picking it up.

I was kinda disappointed about how many places were closed on the weekend in London.
Was very satisfied in the past but didn´t visit since it lost ist second star.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 5:43 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

Originally Posted by Fliar
L'Arpege was one of our greatest 3* disappointments. Snooty waiters, a terrible sommelier and less-than-impressive food...Maybe I need to give this a second chance.
While the food wasn't my favorite and I was taken aback by the wine markups, the waiters weren't snooty. But taking a child as being arrogant becomes even more absurd. I liked the atmosphere as I could tell that a lot of the diners were very excited to be there,taking some pictures, talking about the food, etc.

I enjoyed it but wouldn't go back. I prefer more simple, savory fare.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by DSI
While the food wasn't my favorite and I was taken aback by the wine markups, the waiters weren't snooty. But taking a child as being arrogant becomes even more absurd. I liked the atmosphere as I could tell that a lot of the diners were very excited to be there,taking some pictures, talking about the food, etc.

I enjoyed it but wouldn't go back. I prefer more simple, savory fare.
I (since 2 years) take photos and talk about the food, but I´m not really excited
Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:18 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Lettuce Entertain You announced today they will be closing Tru next month to re-concept.

I am sad to see it go, I've had so many great meals there and it has become my go-to if I wanted a great meal. Anthony Martin and team always treated myself and my guests like family, and we'll miss them.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Lettuce Entertain You announced today they will be closing Tru next month to re-concept.

I am sad to see it go, I've had so many great meals there and it has become my go-to if I wanted a great meal. Anthony Martin and team always treated myself and my guests like family, and we'll miss them.
I will be honest - while both of my experiences at Tru were delicious, the first time I went (in March 2013) was hands-down the better experience vs. last December, after it had gotten 2 stars. The earlier experience also had one of my all-time favorite dishes that I've ever tasted: a foie gras / black truffle flan:

Old Sep 7, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I will be honest - while both of my experiences at Tru were delicious, the first time I went (in March 2013) was hands-down the better experience vs. last December, after it had gotten 2 stars.
I would agree that it's declined over the years, or maybe it just feels that way in comparison to all the Chicago restaurants that have started in the last 10 years. It doesn't seem as special as it used to be.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 9:31 am

What do those of you from Chicago think of Everest? I had a meal there a couple of years ago and thought it was a very nice.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by VivoPerLei
What do those of you from Chicago think of Everest? I had a meal there a couple of years ago and thought it was a very nice.
It's been a few years for me as well, but I've always thought very highly of Everest. It doesn't seem to get as much buzz as other Chicago restaurants, but I suppose that's because it's been around for a long time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.