Reload this Page >

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking? - 2022 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking? - 2022 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2024, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Finback BA Banana Drip
Old Mar 18, 2024, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Finback BA Banana Drip
Finback is the closest brewery to my home, I think 20ish minutes away in Glendale. I went there a year or two ago and enjoyed it. Should probably visit again one of these days.

-J.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club

Green ‘gansett. A little heavy on the food coloring.
pudgym29 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I worked a 14.5 hour day, so it was nice to sit down with Firestone Walker’s Bramblin’ on my Mind. It’s an American wild ale with marion berries and has a nice bit of tartness to it.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I like the can better than what’s in it. It’s okay, but not great.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A little afternoon beer on the deck. Yellow hammer is one of my favorite Rocket City brewers.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 5:19 pm

Programs: Global Entry · WN, UA, AS, DL, NH; IHG, Wyndham, Hilton, Best Value Inn, Marriott, Starwood, Ramada
Lightbulb Beer haul.

I ventured out of the abode on Tuesday to visit The Beer Temple on N. Elston Ave. Tuesday is the day of the week when members of its affinity group get double bonus points.
In addition to four beers on draught, I shopped the bottle store as well. Being reliant on transit meant I had to limit what I could get, and in what type of container.
Here is a photograph of what I bought, after which is identified, and prices realized.
  • Guinness Foreign Extra Stout $10.99
  • Triptych Czech 12 $10.99
  • Sullivan's Black Marble Stout $12.99
  • Czechvar $6.99
Total = $46.26
BamaVol likes this.

Last edited by pudgym29; Mar 29, 2024 at 5:21 pm Reason: Flyertalk does something bizarre with a list, if you preview it.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 9:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by pudgym29
I ventured out of the abode on Tuesday to visit The Beer Temple on N. Elston Ave. Tuesday is the day of the week when members of its affinity group get double bonus points.
In addition to four beers on draught, I shopped the bottle store as well. Being reliant on transit meant I had to limit what I could get, and in what type of container.
Here is a photograph of what I bought, after which is identified, and prices realized.
  • Guinness Foreign Extra Stout $10.99
    • Triptych Czech 12 $10.99
      • Sullivan's Black Marble Stout $12.99
        • Czechvar $6.99
Total = $46.26
How is the Triptych? I need to get more Czechvar.
pudgym29 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
One of my favorites, a cold Allagash White.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 7:01 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL

One of many excellent local beers we've enjoyed so far in Vancouver.
braslvr, BamaVol and FriendlySkies like this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In between bands of rain, which is interfering with my yard work....., I am sipping on Veridian, an IPA, by Banded Brewing in Biddeford, Maine.

work2fly, gfunkdave and BamaVol like this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
AS

fat tire
AS ipa

​​​​​​​

pudgym29 and FriendlySkies like this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Goose Island 312 IPA at a KU Baseball game.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 7:56 pm

Programs: Global Entry · WN, UA, AS, DL, NH; IHG, Wyndham, Hilton, Best Value Inn, Marriott, Starwood, Ramada
Lightbulb Response | Note how FT software handles lists.

Originally Posted by kipper
How is the Triptych? I need to get more Czechvar.
I have not yet had a can of it. It is inside the refrigerator, but it has not been selected for consumption.
The reply illustrates what occurs when one tries to post a list here. Somehow, FlyerTalk forum's software treats each element of a list to be a separate list which it then incorrectly nests within the first indication of a list. I hope this could be fixed in a future revision, but realize the number of members who utilize the list software function is quite low; such that it is not an item it wants to spend any time remeding. The workaround is to denote each would-be list element on a separate line in the post.
[e.g.] 1) Beer #1
2) Beer #2
3) Beer #3
4) Beer #4 [..etc]
Anyhow, today is National Beer Day. I'm currently in a flux as far as transit goes. [You may contact me for the particulars.] So I did not want to go out and ride today (the weather was also a factor).
I am consuming one of the 75cL beers bought at Trader Joe's in November 2019 - the Unibroue 2019 Vintage Spiced Ale. It was intended for bottle shares in 2020, but you can deduce what occurred...
Yes - I hear that silent respondent vocalizing, "Pudgy, why are you drinking an imported beer instead of one brewed in the U.S.A.?" Errr, it is because I am unused to consuming this much beer at the abode. On-premise, ordering five or six draughts of various sizes would occur, going lower-to-higher ABV. Having this one big bottle is the closest to which I can compare.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I took a friend to dinner at Slap's (one of the BBQ stops from the last MCI BBQ DO) and tried a new (to me) beer while waiting in line. This is the Big Money, an IPA by Defiance Brewing in Hays, KS. This is an orange cream IPA and is definitely on the sweeter end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.