Chef Pierre Needs To Die ...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2021, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
Chef Pierre Needs To Die ...

... before he kills us all.

It seems like Pandemia Protocol in so many lodgings this past year result in "grab and barf" breakfast bags. I'm ok with an apple, banana or orange, and even the cups of reconstituted juice, or sweet sugar cups called yogurt. But these Chef Pierre bakery items - are you serious? Yesterday's little muffin was 330 calories with 330 mg of sodium. That's 20 calories more than an Egg McM. with really no nutritional value ... well, except that health sauce called HFCS. This was hotel #3 or #4 already with Chef Pierre.

We left yesterday's muffins in the room.

I'll pass on the "true authenticity" from these products. Instead, we stopped at a farmstand on the way home, and picked up a lovely fresh cherry pie. along with several pounds of fresh fruit (cherries, apricots, peaches.) for some real delicious goodness.

History in the baking.

Almost a century of fresh fruit, real dairy and eggs sourced from America's heartland make Chef Pierre® foodservice bakery truly special. Like Georgia pecans or Michigan apples and farm-fresh butter from Wisconsin. True authenticity tastes better, which is why we make it our mission to offer time-honored bakery favorites your customers trust and delicious goodness that always satisfies."
Old Jun 7, 2021, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Great job on not eating this garbage. Let these hotels know how much you hate the chef Pierre products
Old Jun 7, 2021, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
I’ve never seen Chef Pierre. Otis Spunkmeier is the Hampton Inn house baker. Fortunately 3 of my last 4 Hampton stays have featured a cooked breakfast instead of a barf bag
Old Jun 7, 2021, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by BamaVol
I’ve never seen Chef Pierre. Otis Spunkmeier is the Hampton Inn house baker. Fortunately 3 of my last 4 Hampton stays have featured a cooked breakfast instead of a barf bag
I’ve loved Baker Otis and his cookies for decades. Glad he’s still baking such wonderful cookies. They’re just as good as Mrs Fields’ cookies :-)
Old Jun 8, 2021, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by gaobest
I’ve loved Baker Otis and his cookies for decades. Glad he’s still baking such wonderful cookies. They’re just as good as Mrs Fields’ cookies :-)
Unfortunately that does not carry over to his line of blueberry muffins which taste of chemicals.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BamaVol
Unfortunately that does not carry over to his line of blueberry muffins which taste of chemicals.
... Probably buys Chef Pierre's leftovers. Or rather, Aryzta AG, Otis' adopted parent for pay, sounds like the name of a chemical company.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Otis' corn muffins made an appearance at a recent Hyatt Place stay--the option was either pancakes, or a corn muffin. The muffin came with a vanilla yogurt that was ostensibly a source of protein but also had a frightening amount of added sugars. I have yet to make the acquaintance of Chef Pierre.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Calcifer
Otis' corn muffins made an appearance at a recent Hyatt Place stay--the option was either pancakes, or a corn muffin. The muffin came with a vanilla yogurt that was ostensibly a source of protein but also had a frightening amount of added sugars. I have yet to make the acquaintance of Chef Pierre.
If I really love you, maybe I'll have the opportunity to get some in the next month and hand deliver them for your dining displeasure!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.