Wiki Posts
Search

McDonalds crispy chicken sandwich

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2021, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA AA MR HH B6
McDonalds crispy chicken sandwich

what do you all think? had it twice and thought it was all right but I hear negative things about it. i dont do chick fil a for other reasons and get regular fried chicken at kfc or popeyes
Old Mar 29, 2021, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I had the spicy crispy chicken sandwich a few weeks ago. Definitely doesn't compares to Wendy's version (and I haven't had Popeye's).

I'd just rather get three dollar Spicy McChicken sandwiches and call it a day.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
How much are franchisees charging for the crispy chickens vs. spicy chickens?

David
Old Mar 29, 2021, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
I had popeyes chicken sandwich one time for lunch. I could feel my arteries hardening for the rest of the day.

will just stick with costco rotisserie
Old Mar 29, 2021, 6:25 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I LOVE the Popeyes chicken sandwich. We don’t have Popeyes (or Chick Filet or whatever it is called) so I tried it when we got to the US last year. I am addicted, I am ashamed to say. Addicted. Last week, we were on the go and I was hungry so tried the McDonalds one. Blech. It was awful. Disgusting. When I eventually go back to Canada, I will sorely miss Popeyes sandwiches.
corky likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 7:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
I had the spicy crispy chicken sandwich a few weeks ago. Definitely doesn't compares to Wendy's version (and I haven't had Popeye's).

I'd just rather get three dollar Spicy McChicken sandwiches and call it a day.
This. I was very underwhelmed with the spicy crispy chicken sandwich.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've not had popeye's yet either....just none where i'm at when I need one.

I think mcdonalds new crispy chicken is worlds better than the older mcchicken but still not great. Not nearly as good as wendys or KFCs new sandwitch.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Finkface
I LOVE the Popeyes chicken sandwich. We don’t have Popeyes (or Chick Filet or whatever it is called) so I tried it when we got to the US last year. I am addicted, I am ashamed to say. Addicted. Last week, we were on the go and I was hungry so tried the McDonalds one. Blech. It was awful. Disgusting. When I eventually go back to Canada, I will sorely miss Popeyes sandwiches.
I love it too. I keep thinking I will have one when I plan to eat nothing else all day since they are a complete calorie bomb. But SO good. And they opened a new Popeye's not far from me....I haven't gone there yet. The far away one was a good excuse not to go.
Finkface likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 10:29 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by corky
I love it too. I keep thinking I will have one when I plan to eat nothing else all day since they are a complete calorie bomb. But SO good. And they opened a new Popeye's not far from me....I haven't gone there yet. The far away one was a good excuse not to go.
I am just so glad they don’t have them anywhere near me in Canada. Not even in Bellingham. I don’t think I could resist. SO good!
corky likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Finkface
I am just so glad they don’t have them anywhere near me in Canada. Not even in Bellingham. I don’t think I could resist. SO good!
I get it...I have to maintain a zero tolerance policy with myself . I heard buzz about them for a while & thought...it's just a fried sandwich. BFD. Then I tried it.....and angels sang.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What - the new one at PCH and Hawthorne? Where's the "far away" one?

David

p.s. There's also one at Prairie and Rosecrans
corky likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 12:24 am
Suspended

Never had it, although I like the breakfast McChicken Biscuit.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELee
What - the new one at PCH and Hawthorne? Where's the "far away" one?

David

p.s. There's also one at Prairie and Rosecrans
Yes...new one is PCH & Hawthorne. The far one is in Lomita....also on PCH past Crenshaw a ways. Prairie & Rosecrans is also considered geographically undesirable.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes...new one is PCH & Hawthorne. The far one is in Lomita....also on PCH past Crenshaw a ways. Prairie & Rosecrans is also considered geographically undesirable.
Then far away one is at PCH and Narbonne. Two other options are Sepulveda and Vermont as well as Carson and Main.

David
Old Mar 30, 2021, 5:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I get it...I have to maintain a zero tolerance policy with myself . I heard buzz about them for a while & thought...it's just a fried sandwich. BFD. Then I tried it.....and angels sang.
I tried the Popeye's chicken sandwich, and it's good, but it's not worth waiting in the line that there always seems to be at the ones near me, and it's not worth the calories.
JBord likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.