Dining Out (generally) since Reopening

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dining Out (generally) since Reopening

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2020, 2:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
One of my local breweries was planning to open a larger location. Currently, they have a very small taproom that seats about 6, plus patio seating for about 30. They found a different location and their new plans involve a huge building with plenty of space for tables set 6 feet apart.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I've been to 4 (at least) "moderate" (i.e., $20 to $30+ entree) restaurants since reopening began - all outdoor dining...?
What are some of the $20 entrees you or your diners saw on the menu??? Maybe a burger or sandwich or the root vegetable / summer vegetable entree without quinoa. Or certain pasta dishes.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 8:54 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by gaobest
What are some of the $20 entrees you or your diners saw on the menu??? Maybe a burger or sandwich or the root vegetable / summer vegetable entree without quinoa. Or certain pasta dishes.
If you're interested, check out the menu for Bistro Vida in Menlo Park. A fairly decent Parisian style street-side dining experience with mains between $20 and $40.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by work2fly
If you're interested, check out the menu for Bistro Vida in Menlo Park. A fairly decent Parisian style street-side dining experience with mains between $20 and $40.
awww sweet. I got carryout mediterranean at the place on the corner of Willow & Gilbert on Saturday Evening.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I’ve been dining out since June, and in general, I haven’t noticed quality being better or worse than usual.

But having caught COVID way back in March before things started to shut down, ever since my sense of smell/taste has returned, I occasionally detect a chemical taste... and can’t help but wonder if some restaurants are being overly aggressive with their sanitization practices...
Old Sep 15, 2020, 12:20 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Restaurants in greater Columbus have been open for a few weeks. I have been to a few and they are doing a good job spacing the tables. I used to enjoy eating at restaurant bars since I could get seated faster and got better service. Since I am immune compromised, that's out for now.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rxgeek
Restaurants in greater Columbus have been open for a few weeks. I have been to a few and they are doing a good job spacing the tables. I used to enjoy eating at restaurant bars since I could get seated faster and got better service. Since I am immune compromised, that's out for now.
Are restaurant bars actually open there, have you seen people? I'm not sure if its by mandate or choice, but the restaurants we've been to in IL have had no one seated at their bars.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 8:00 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by JBord
Are restaurant bars actually open there, have you seen people? I'm not sure if its by mandate or choice, but the restaurants we've been to in IL have had no one seated at their bars.
Definitely open. At first there was no anti-social distancing but there is now. Rooster has plexiglass dividers every other seat.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 7:04 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rxgeek
Definitely open. At first there was no anti-social distancing but there is now. Rooster has plexiglass dividers every other seat.
Interesting. We've seen people seated at tables in the bar areas, but not at the bar. I'll have to find out what the rule is here in IL. Haven't seen anything like plexiglass or other dividers anywhere in restaurants although I've read about it in other states.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.