Consolidated "In-N-Out Burger" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "In-N-Out Burger" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2009, 2:51 pm

Programs: SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond
In my experience, I wasn't impressed. Better than Wendy's and Carls/Hardees, but a country mile behind even McD's, not to mention the more specialty chains it is supposed to compare favorably too
Old Jun 4, 2009, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
The recently released book is a fascinating read. It combines the early history with its secrets-to-success and the drama of the last decade. One of the better business books that I have read in some time.

And, oh yeah, it makes you very hungry so beware!

...Sitting here in Chi-town, I could really go for an In and Out right now...
Old Jun 4, 2009, 5:10 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Less that three weeks until I get to have another one.

It's hard waiting for such a sacred experience.
Got of the plane at LAX, picked up the rental car, drove straight to the Sepulveda location.

It was everything I had been dreaming about.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 6:50 pm

Sonic recently opened a stand in Santee which is a suburb of SAN and was heralded with excitement in the SD Union.Funny how marketing works it makes you want something that's not readily available, Coors beer did that in the 70s,my sister would bring me a six pack when she came home to NJ from CU for Christmas I savored each can. My first new car 75 VW Rabbit I had to wait 3 months for my second 80 Civic I had to either wait several months for the car or drive from Monterey to Visalia Ca to get one the same day (I drove) of course their was NO room for negotiation on either purchase because someone was waiting behind me.The hamburger thing is the same is In & Out a good burger? Yep, I'd drive 5 miles out of my way for one but no more then that.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 6:54 pm

Tom Hanks was the guest on Conan's show last night. According to him, to be an angeleno, the first thing you have to do when you come here is to go to in-n-out burger. he seemed a big fan and knew all the lingo of ordering.

in-n-out got tons of free publicity last night
Old Jun 4, 2009, 7:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Originally Posted by lovetotravel
Tom Hanks was the guest on Conan's show last night. According to him, to be an angeleno, the first thing you have to do when you come here is to go to in-n-out burger. he seemed a big fan and knew all the lingo of ordering.

in-n-out got tons of free publicity last night
Wasn't that 2 nights ago?

It was interesting to hear about the in n out cart showing up late at night to the set- everything but the milkshakes...
Old Jun 5, 2009, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Wasn't that 2 nights ago?

It was interesting to hear about the in n out cart showing up late at night to the set- everything but the milkshakes...
perhaps it was, i was watching it on tape
Old Jun 5, 2009, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by feferman
.......the best of the fast food burgers in my opinion is Fatburger by far.

Eat well,

Richard J. Feferman
Agree completely. Not as big as In & Out and, therefore tougher to find, but way, way better, IMO.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 8:38 pm

Programs: United GS 1K, MM; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Plat; SPG Gold
Yes, in n out makes a great hamburger. Also noteworthy is the cleanliness of the restaurant and their outstanding employees. I'm always amazed at how friendly and efficient they are.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by uammiler
Yes, in n out makes a great hamburger. Also noteworthy is the cleanliness of the restaurant and their outstanding employees. I'm always amazed at how friendly and efficient they are.
Supposedly they pay well... for a hamburger joint. $11/hr. ^

It allows them to be picky about who they hire.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
re: Fatburger
Originally Posted by camargo
Agree completely. Not as big as In & Out and, therefore tougher to find, but way, way better, IMO.
The once I tried them, I liked them a lot. But by the prices and the size of the burger I got, they were sort of in-between fast food and "sit-down diner" - rather like Nation's. Whereas In'n'Out is firmly in the "fast food" camp
Old Jun 16, 2009, 11:09 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Gold Medallion
I don't fully understand some of the fanaticism, but I thought the burgers were really good when I tried them.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 4:58 am

Programs: United GS 1K, MM; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Plat; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by fly2nrt
Supposedly they pay well... for a hamburger joint. $11/hr. ^

It allows them to be picky about who they hire.
Ah...that would explain it. Their employees, along with the cleanliness of the store, make the in n outs much more appealing to me than the usual hamburger chains.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Back when I was in HighSchool (90's) and they opened up in my town they had a line around the block of people coming for applications. Pretty much everyone under 30 was hoping for a burger flipper job there.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 11:35 pm
formerly lelandv

I live in DEN so it is a rare treat to get an In-n-Out...but to give you a sense of my dedication...last year I landed at LAX from HKG...I cleared customs ...grabbed a cab and made him wait at in-n-out (cabbie says this is common) and came back to eat my burger fries and shake on the floor of the american check-in area.

Yes...it really is that good

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.