Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The buffet death spiral

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2019, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Originally Posted by Chromie25
I would imagine for OP's seafood restaurant, they weren't making enough money at $24.95 and raising the prices would drive people away from the restaurant in general, hence the solution was to stop offering the buffet.
It was a weekday lunch only thing, 11-2, at just the one location, apparently. They also had and still have lunch specials, but pricing on some of those has gone up quite a bit (like $22.95 for a crawfish combination (fried and etouffee)). Maybe the suppliers are charging more there...since they get so much from the gulf, it hasn't seemed 100% the same ever since that BP oil blowout.

It was a top-down decision by one of the brothers in the founding family (not unlike the Murdochs, perhaps) made for the sake of uniformity of offerings across the chain (or at least that's what he told employees). There could always be other motivations like looking at the books and seeing it's not a profit center or not much of one.

Getting rid of the Sunday brunch as well, OTOH, might be an even bigger disappointment for more people. That was priced even higher and had additional items you often see with those things, but still pulled in a lot of people, especially in its heyday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.