Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Do You Eat at Fast Food Restaurants when Traveling?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do You Eat at Fast Food Restaurants when Traveling?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2019, 12:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by MaxBuck
Probably true, but the last time I was in Paris my wife redeemed some Starbucks points for free large espressos for both of us. We ended up with like 16 oz of espresso apiece. It was deliriously good (and I do mean delirious, after 16 oz of espresso).

Actually, in Paris we found Starbucks was about on par, price-wise, with the corner cafe. But there were so many of the corner cafes that there was really no need to look for the long-haired lady.
I live in Paris and go to Starbucks almost daily. I like my coffee iced and portable. No shame.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Marriott Gold
Whenever we land at LAX our first stop is In’n’Out.
arollins likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 7:31 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by pinniped
Are international Subways pretty similar to American ones? Or do they try to add in local ingredients and flavors?

I occasionally see one during travel but have never tried one. I'm not a Subway regular in the U.S. but like you, will sometimes pick one if I'm in a fast-food wasteland somewhere and want something semi-nutritious.
In Japan they had a somewhat decent shrimp and avocado sub, but I have to be honest. Subway is literally the last fast food place I will ever go to.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 7:33 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by pinniped
As a side benefit, consuming 16 ounces of espresso can help you save on airfare, as you can basically just fly all the way home by yourself after that.
I on the other hand would be swimming to the lav.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 12:06 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
On leisure trips rarely. Sometimes McDonalds breakfast if I'm going to be doing a road trip and want something I can eat in the car while driving. Note: this rule may be suspended if I do a lot of drinking and need some late night bites

On business trips frequently. A lot of my work involves hearings at immigration courts which are located in the middle of nowhere. Lumpkin, GA (nearest city Columbus), Jena, LA (nearest cities Alexlandria or Monroe) are just two of them. These are not hot beds of dining activity and as I'm there for work I don't want to scope out restaurants. My last visit to Alexandria there was a Chili's in the parking lot which was perfect for eating in the room while I worked. Also, a lot of these places only involve the lowest tier chain hotels so I'll skip breakfast and grab McDonalds for my drive to court.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.