Community
Wiki Posts
Search

pepper in England hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2018, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

pepper in England hotels

The pepper in a regular shaker at the table at the two hotels near Heathrow where I ate was the spiciest and best pepper I have ever had. I've been trying to find pepper like that since I got back to the US but can't find it anywhere. It was white and the same coarseness as any regular table pepper here. I tried some white pepper from the store here and it was way too finely ground into a powder and it didn't have much flavor at all.

Also I had some cayenne or Thai looking skinny red peppers from a jar like a pickle jar, super hot, great on sandwiches, when I was in France. I can't find that either. (I'm talking about a different kind of pepper here.)

Any ideas where to get this stuff?

Last edited by Dubiox; Jun 17, 2018 at 3:03 pm Reason: added location
Old Jun 18, 2018, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
The fact that you found it in 2 hotels leads me to believe that it came from a large foodservice provider. In the US that would likely be Sysco. In the UK, I have no idea. I looked up peppercorns on Amazon and got 73 pages. Good luck.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have noticed that table pepper in Britain is always the same as what you describe: it looks whiter than the pepper we get here and is spicier, but it isn't white pepper. I always just assumed the Brits used a different cultivar, but a few minutes of Googling didn't yield any details.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, QR Privilege Club, HH Gold
Assuming it’s come from a food service provider, there are myriad possible suppliers. This sector is somewhat of an oligopoly in the UK.
Potential distributors include 3663, BidVest, Brakes, Booker, Bestway to name a few. Apologies as this isn’t that much use!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.