Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The most expensive (and crappiest) coffee/food you've encountered at airports

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
I had a long delay at EWR last year so I sat at some seafood restaurant in the center of the C Concourse. I ordered a shrimp cocktail which was awful, some sushi which was tasteless and a scotch and it came to something like $80.
I'm having trouble doing that math in my head. Are you sure you were correctly charged??? For some reason I'm figuring around $60.

But agree that EWR is expensive.
Old May 25, 2018, 7:21 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JBord
I'm having trouble doing that math in my head. Are you sure you were correctly charged??? For some reason I'm figuring around $60.

But agree that EWR is expensive.
I think my scotch may have been a double but yeah, I was correctly charged.
Old May 30, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: TK CP, Lapsed DL FO, Mr. <3Vacations Free Rider, Numerous programs
Ugh I had a horribly disappointing muffin from The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf last week in ATL. It cost $6 and it was so bad I went across to Bojangles and got a breakfast biscuit for $2

Last edited by <3vacations; May 31, 2018 at 9:49 am
Old May 30, 2018, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
To be honest, just about anything I have eaten in any airport, anywhere.

My solution was to get a lounge pass. Then at least the crappy food is free.
Tell that to the mountains of weird egg salad they were offering in the The Club at ATL. I was happy with the jellybeans and the fruit infused water until they cleared it all away.
Old May 30, 2018, 8:37 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by <3vacations
Tell that to the mountains of weird egg salad they were offering in the The Club at ATL. I was happy with the jellybeans and the fruit infused water until they cleared it all away.
Wow! A veritable feast!
Old May 30, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: United Platinum; Hilton D; Marriott G
I flew out of LAX last Friday. Flying United, I was in Terminal 7. I walked by the Rolling Stone place and walked through the food court. It had Loteria, BLD, a Coffee Bean and a place called The Counter, which had the longest line. Every place had an entree for $15. Burrito? $15. Hamburger? $15. Some other sandwich? $15. So I decided I might as well sit and have a beer with my $15 meal, and went back to Rolling Stone. The bartender ignored me for the better part of 5 minutes. Once I finally had service, she asked me how I wanted my burger cooked. I told her medium well (my brother-in-law was once the largest beef tongue buyer in the country, and told me that medium well for burgers is safest if you're at all concerned with e.coli; it's a long story that involves the Burger King recall of 1997). My not-quite medium well burger arrived and tasted like Sysco sadness, reheated in a microwave or something. Maybe the bartender stuck the sandwich in her armpit to warm it up. It wasn't good.
Old May 30, 2018, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
Wow! A veritable feast!
LOL. When we got there it was the option of some questionable looking sandwiches, MOUNTAINS of egg salad, hummus, pita, brownies, cookies, chips, fruit water, jelly beans, and clam chowder. Its like who ever planned the menu was stoned out of their mind.
Old May 30, 2018, 1:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Food at most US airports is a ripoff and completely gross. Recently in IAH I has make-believe Pho which cost $20 and had no flavour at all. Then, in RSW I had a pre-wrapped ham-cheese sandwich from the only place in C concourse that was disgusting and cost $12.99. The bread was some weird texture that crumbled the minute you touched it, and the whole thing was so dense it was awful.
Old May 30, 2018, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by <3vacations
..... It cost like $6 and it was so bad I went across to Bojangles and got a breakfast biscuit for like $2
When you say "like $6 " do you mean as opposed to $9? $9 is like $6 but upside down.
Old May 30, 2018, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA lifetime gold, Marrriott Platinum
Originally Posted by BOBAD
When you say "like $6 " do you mean as opposed to $9? $9 is like $6 but upside down.
Both more clever and polite than my reaction. “Like” is not a synonym for “about” or “approximately”.
Old May 31, 2018, 12:20 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by BOBAD
I suppose $2 is like $7...too... but that's more expensive than $6.

Old May 31, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: UA MM Lifetime Gold, Delta Gold, SPG/ Marriott Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
Just had an early morning flight out of SFO (United terminal) - went to my usual standby breakfast sandwich place to find it had been redeveloped into some new "restaurant" offerings - egg sandwich was $18!!!!
"but it comes with potatoes" was the response.

I went to Burger King at the other end of the terminal - at least their crappy egg sandwich is only $5

I found that prices for food at SFO are outrageous even by US airport standards.
braslvr and francophile like this.
Old May 31, 2018, 8:31 am

Around 7 or 8 years ago I had a flight out of BUR (it was my first, and thus far only, time flying out of that airport so I didn't know what it had available). The only thing I could find was a small shop / bar, where I bought a terrible caesar salad for $15.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
Originally Posted by :D!
You could have gone to one of the supermarkets and got a pastry and juice (can't remember if they have coffee machines) for less than 5 francs. Perhaps the café ones are better, but not seven times better.
I will remember that next time I am in ZRH and need to leave for the airport at 5 AM.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 4:02 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Last week at STT a 20 ounce Diet Coke cost me $4.50 and a Johnny Cake with ham and egg cost another $4.75. They also refused to take a credit card. This was the sole place open in the terminal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.