FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The most expensive (and crappiest) coffee/food you've encountered at airports
Old May 30, 2018, 8:46 am
vicemagnet

Programs: United Platinum; Hilton D; Marriott G
I flew out of LAX last Friday. Flying United, I was in Terminal 7. I walked by the Rolling Stone place and walked through the food court. It had Loteria, BLD, a Coffee Bean and a place called The Counter, which had the longest line. Every place had an entree for $15. Burrito? $15. Hamburger? $15. Some other sandwich? $15. So I decided I might as well sit and have a beer with my $15 meal, and went back to Rolling Stone. The bartender ignored me for the better part of 5 minutes. Once I finally had service, she asked me how I wanted my burger cooked. I told her medium well (my brother-in-law was once the largest beef tongue buyer in the country, and told me that medium well for burgers is safest if you're at all concerned with e.coli; it's a long story that involves the Burger King recall of 1997). My not-quite medium well burger arrived and tasted like Sysco sadness, reheated in a microwave or something. Maybe the bartender stuck the sandwich in her armpit to warm it up. It wasn't good.