Search

McDonald's is building an epic restaurant with all-you-can-eat fries

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2016, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
McDonald's is building an epic restaurant with all-you-can-eat fries

Strap on the feedbag and head to McDonald's !

---
McDonald's is opening a restaurant in America that's unlike any other McDonald's in the world.

The new 6500-square-foot location in Missouri will offer all-you-can-eat french fries, customisable desserts, sandwiches, and burgers, as well as table service, The St. Joseph News-Press reports.

It will have several digital kiosks for customers to order their food — which McDonald's is now adding to restaurants across the country — a "party room" for rent, and modern-looking couches and arm chairs for hanging out.

The restaurant will also try to appeal to young mums by hosting events for mothers and kids during the day, such as play groups and children's book readings, according to its Facebook page.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/fo...oucaneat-fries
Old Apr 19, 2016, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I'm not a big Maccas fan but they had this big advertising blitz saying breakfast all day. Driving somewhere where nothing was open I ordered an English muffin from the breakfast menu. They couldn't do it. They couldn't toast a muffin. They said I could only have hotcakes. So much for breakfast all day!!

Maccas is really now trying to appeal for adults rather than kids.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
I'm not a big Maccas fan but they had this big advertising blitz saying breakfast all day. Driving somewhere where nothing was open I ordered an English muffin from the breakfast menu. They couldn't do it. They couldn't toast a muffin. They said I could only have hotcakes. So much for breakfast all day!!

Maccas is really now trying to appeal for adults rather than kids.
Financially they aren't doing well. They are trying different strategies to get back their market share. It doesn't seem that it is working.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
All-you-can-eat junk food? What a winning concept!
Old Apr 19, 2016, 2:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Places like Red Robin and Applebee's offer AYCE fries with burgers, so I'm guessing McDonald's thought they'd try it too. Unfortunately, I don't think they realized that most people going to McDonald's don't want to linger after eating their burger to eat more fries.

I think Red Robin and Applebee's offer it as a way to increase the amount of alcohol they sell, because if you run out of beer, but still have fries, you'll likely order another drink.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How many fries can you actually eat in one sitting?
Old Apr 19, 2016, 5:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Have you seen the fat people in this country, it looks like quite a bit

on that note, McD's clean up the stores that you have

its bad enough going in these dumps as it is; get rid of the laborers hanging outside in the parking lot, clean up the place, spruce up the places you have, because the ones that I go into are pig sty's littered with laborers loitering all over the place

cough *Herndon* cough
Old Apr 19, 2016, 5:45 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Good grief. If I ate in there, I'd have a Mr. Creosote moment.

Old Apr 19, 2016, 5:50 am
Suspended

Several bucketfuls according to the American eating habits I'm currently observing .
Old Apr 19, 2016, 6:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
If they were good quality sweet potato fries I would be tempted to take them up on it. But McDonalds? No thanks.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Have you seen the fat people in this country, it looks like quite a bit
I recall someone talking about food service sizes here in Australia to a tourist and they said something like "American sizes, not Australian sizes". USA meals are so huge!

I guess too, if something is free, folks will gorge even after they feel sick.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 7:17 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
There's an opportunity for cross-promotion here. While gorging on AYCE fries and whatever else, patrons can listen to a loop of Wilford Brimley 'splainin 'bout the diabeetus and tellin' folks how they can check their blood sugar and check it often.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Financially they aren't doing well.
? By what metric?

Sure they are on a bit of a downward trend through 2014 but the all day breakfast, IIRC, had spiked revenue a bit? And I think their stock price, of late, reflects this (I'd have to look it up to be sure)

Old Apr 19, 2016, 7:23 am

Programs: AA Plat UA Premier
Fries cost very little to make. Just like soft drinks the profit margin is huge. That is why most places offer free refills.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh for my reply to the OP...while I LOVE mcdonalds fries (best in the business IMO) and would love to eat an unlimited amount I can imagine eating more than a medium.

*and even a medium is turning into a rare treat for us

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.