Search

McDonald's is building an epic restaurant with all-you-can-eat fries

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2016, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
Originally Posted by annerj
? By what metric?

Sure they are on a bit of a downward trend through 2014 but the all day breakfast, IIRC, had spiked revenue a bit? And I think their stock price, of late, reflects this (I'd have to look it up to be sure)
Their growth isn't what they'd hope for, but you're right that in an absolute sense they're still very strong.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh for my reply to the OP...while I LOVE mcdonalds fries (best in the business IMO) and would love to eat an unlimited amount I can imagine eating more than a medium.

*and even a medium is turning into a rare treat for us
I like to get a cheeseburger and small fry for lunch once a week.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 8:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
I recall someone talking about food service sizes here in Australia to a tourist and they said something like "American sizes, not Australian sizes". USA meals are so huge!

I guess too, if something is free, folks will gorge even after they feel sick.
I didn't notice that. IME, they're comparable, however, it has been 4-5 years from my last visit there.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
I recall someone talking about food service sizes here in Australia to a tourist and they said something like "American sizes, not Australian sizes". USA meals are so huge!

I guess too, if something is free, folks will gorge even after they feel sick.
Most Americans look for quantity rather than quality in their food, regardless of how much they actually want/need to eat. Then they claim it's "genetic conditions" that cause them to be fat.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 8:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
McDonalds' problem is that all their food except the breakfast sandwiches and fries is lousy these days. Burgers taste like shredded leather, chicken sandwiches now have almost no chicken, etc.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

McDonalds fries are one thing I miss - in the UK they are vegetarian, but in Canada they are not, so I only have a portion when I am in the UK - last time was last year, and they tasted very very good indeed (although I don't think I could eat more than a portion at one sitting tho!)
Old Apr 19, 2016, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Didn't McDonald's change something with their fries several years back? Either a new potato supplier or perhaps they changed the cooking oil. I can't recall but I remember people were pissed.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 9:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
? By what metric?

Sure they are on a bit of a downward trend through 2014 but the all day breakfast, IIRC, had spiked revenue a bit? And I think their stock price, of late, reflects this (I'd have to look it up to be sure)

Fox Business News just said that they were doing fantastic as their all day breakfast menu is a hit with customers but facts shouldn't get in the way of a good rant LOL

for the record, I go to McD's for two things

a powerade (there is one next to the gym) and an ice cream cone on occasion especially when they have those 50 cent sales on their cones
Old Apr 19, 2016, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

McD's fries are deelish imo....better than some fancy pants restaurants. Their McFlurry is also yummy. That being said, I have probably not had either of those treats in over a year. Now I am craving the fries....thanks Omni.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
Didn't McDonald's change something with their fries several years back? Either a new potato supplier or perhaps they changed the cooking oil. I can't recall but I remember people were pissed.
Before 1990, they cooked them in a beef tallow/cottonseed oil blend. They now use a canola/soybean oil blend.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 10:28 am

The Mcfry is the only McD food I like. McMMMMMM!
Old Apr 19, 2016, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
McDonalds' problem is that all their food except the breakfast sandwiches and fries is lousy these days.
+1

I'll say that I'm not surprised that the all day breakfast has been a hit (and I noted such in the old thread when it was announced). Its driven my business up by a large margin (which still doesn't mean much buts its a ton more than it was).
Old Apr 19, 2016, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by emma69
McDonalds fries are one thing I miss - in the UK they are vegetarian, but in Canada they are not, so I only have a portion when I am in the UK - last time was last year, and they tasted very very good indeed (although I don't think I could eat more than a portion at one sitting tho!)
Originally Posted by enviroian

Originally Posted by anrkitec
They [changed their fries] in three stages with the taste getting worse with each change.

Until ~1990 they fried them in something like 95% beef tallow.

They then switched to 100% vegetable oil, but they were still OK.

Then in the late 2000s they switched to a trans fat-free oil but also added a soy-based beef flavoring concoction to try and make them more palatable.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
All-you-can-eat McD's probably presents a larger threat to public bathrooms in Missouri than transgendered people.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Endless fries. What could possibly go wrong. For starters, is the ketchup also endless? If not, I'd prepare for a riot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.