Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Restaurant Reward Programs?

Old Mar 25, 16, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Are there any good reward programs? I'm currently a member of Landry's which has been good. I know Restaurants Unlimited, Inc has a similar program but their locations are limited and I never travel in the areas they have locations.
Old Mar 25, 16, 4:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Southwest CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Dine rewards for outback, fleming's, bonefish grill and carrabas is pretty good.
Old Mar 25, 16, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Chili's and TGI Friday's both have rewards programs that look good on paper, but in practice are ignored by servers.
Old Mar 26, 16, 6:50 pm
JBa

Programs: some
PF Changs has a rewards program as well. But be aware that some of the restaurants don't participate. ATL airport location comes to mind.
Old Mar 26, 16, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by BamaVol View Post
Chili's and TGI Friday's both have rewards programs that look good on paper, but in practice are ignored by servers.
I've never had a problem earning or redeeming points at either of those.
Old Mar 27, 16, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kipper View Post
I've never had a problem earning or redeeming points at either of those.
In each of those chains, the server is supposed to ask if you are a member when they first approach the table. I don't know how many times I've said dang, I should have gotten free chips as I'm halfway through my meal. The to-go server at the local Chilis is the only one who asks me - probably because I'm one of the few who tips her well.

1. I have quite a few years on you. You probably remember to speak up before the server is clearing the plates away. I suffer from old-timers.

2. We don't go often enough due to a surplus of good non-chain restaurants locally so I tend to let points lapse.
Old Mar 27, 16, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
In each of those chains, the server is supposed to ask if you are a member when they first approach the table. I don't know how many times I've said dang, I should have gotten free chips as I'm halfway through my meal. The to-go server at the local Chilis is the only one who asks me - probably because I'm one of the few who tips her well.

1. I have quite a few years on you. You probably remember to speak up before the server is clearing the plates away. I suffer from old-timers.

2. We don't go often enough due to a surplus of good non-chain restaurants locally so I tend to let points lapse.
Free chips? Is that a Friday's thing? I always figure I don't need them. At our local Chili's, they have the Ziosk things, so I just enter my phone number when I'm taking care of the check, and that takes care of it.

You can always just start placing your Friday's card at the edge of the table when you are seated.
Old Mar 27, 16, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAEE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat, US CP (RIP)

Panera
Old Mar 27, 16, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
I've been satisfied with the Landry's Select program. I feel like I get $25 off my bill frequently, or even a free meal. I honestly don't spend a lot of time tracking my points, but I can't complain. I use it mainly at McCormick's and Morton's. I will say the Morton's VIP program was far better.
Old Mar 27, 16, 3:21 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AA PlatPro, SPG/Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Spire/Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Travelpro1970 View Post
.... their locations are limited and I never travel in the areas they have locations.
Where are you located? Might help with suggestions.
Old Mar 29, 16, 10:34 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Chili's

At Chili's you just have to input your cell phone number you signed up with into the table Ziosk and you get credit and the option to use your points for items.

As for free chips and salsa, if you sit in the bar area of most restaurants in the chain, they give you free chips and salsa already.
Old Mar 30, 16, 8:55 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by teddybear99 View Post
At Chili's you just have to input your cell phone number you signed up with into the table Ziosk and you get credit and the option to use your points for items.

As for free chips and salsa, if you sit in the bar area of most restaurants in the chain, they give you free chips and salsa already.
At Chili's? I have a serious weakness for their chips and salsa. Maybe a good thing I didn't know about this.
Old Mar 30, 16, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goodeats21 View Post
At Chili's? I have a serious weakness for their chips and salsa. Maybe a good thing I didn't know about this.
I think the free chips are at TGI Friday's. But since they ignore that benefit 90% of the time, it's hard to remember.
Old Jul 22, 16, 10:53 am

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by teddybear99 View Post

Updating my post. Apparently, as of July 1st, they no longer offer the free chips and salsa in the bar area as part of happy hour. Corporate people say they were throwing too much away. Simple solution should have been to bring less at a time or ask if the patrons were interested.
Old Jul 22, 16, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I finally signed up for Panera. I got a free pastry my first visit. Even if never get anything else free, that was still a very good blueberry muffin.

I think the problem is we don't eat at many chain restaurants with so many good locally owned options. We might go to Chili's and TGIF a combined 6 times a year and probably eat dinner out 3-4 times a week.

Chili's always send me emails to top off my account but the offer expires before I get there. I'm sure I've wasted 3 or 4 free appetizers.

The other thing that bothers me about the chain casual dining places with frequent diner programs is there's always 2 for 1 on what I won't drink. You could make it 6 for 1 Bud Lights and I'm still not gonna order that.

On the positive side, our Bennigan's reopened this week after being closed for a year. The previous franchisee went belly up and it's reopened as a corporate store. I'm looking forward to a Monte Christo again.

Search this Thread