Wiki Posts
Search

Your silver tea service

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2016, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
It was my job to hand wash the "silver" ware my mom got from collecting those little coupons. Not because it was especially delicate, but because we didn't have a dishwasher!
I think my mom's came in detergent boxes. That, or from the Jewel. Maybe the "crystal" came with the detergent. Or the gas station...
Old Mar 6, 2016, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Didn't anyone else's mom collect the coupons that got you silverware?
Old Mar 7, 2016, 4:35 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
I have a circa 200 Year Old Georgian Silver Set that I inherited. It has spent two decades in a box while I impatiently await Antique Roadshow to come to my town.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AmEx, NorthWest WorldPerks, Jelly of the Month. S&H Green Stamps, Subway sub club
Originally Posted by chad75
I have a circa 200 Year Old Georgian Silver Set that I inherited. It has spent two decades in a box while I impatiently await Antique Roadshow to come to my town.
Original box?
Old Mar 7, 2016, 9:42 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by DaveBlaine
Original box?
Nope - just wrapped up in a normal box along with the other junk priceless family heirlooms.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by milepig
I think my mom's came in detergent boxes. That, or from the Jewel. Maybe the "crystal" came with the detergent. Or the gas station...
Every family in our neighborhood had those tall green glasses, the bumpy ones, that came from the gas station near the grocery store.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AmEx, NorthWest WorldPerks, Jelly of the Month. S&H Green Stamps, Subway sub club
Originally Posted by chad75
Nope - just wrapped up in a normal box along with the other junk priceless family heirlooms.
Pics?
Old Mar 14, 2016, 5:16 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by DaveBlaine
Pics?
Well I'm not selling it - but sometime when I'm back at the house I can take a snap.
If you meant pics of something else - sadly I'm too old to be doing that anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.