Old Dec 4, 15, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/dinin...-machines.html
Old Dec 4, 15, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal View Post
I grind my own beans and use the reusable k-cup.
Same here. I have a basic Keurig in my kitchen and a slightly nicer one in my office. Sine Mrs BamaVol only drinks tea, the larger coffee maker stays in the cabinet until company visits.
Old Dec 4, 15, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
If money is no object you're looking at a Jura. Grinds the beans and forces water through them. Delicious but not cheap.
Old Dec 6, 15, 8:40 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, SPG Ambassador
If it is in your budget, I would suggest the Simonelli Musica espresso machine and Baratza Vario grinder. I just recently started using this setup at home and it is fantastic.

I still have 2 Nespresso machines for when I don't have the time to pull a proper cup of espresso.
Old Dec 11, 15, 2:44 pm

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by DrewGzy View Post
Guessing there are a few coffee aficionados out there and I wanted some opinions.

I am looking for a single serve coffee maker that does everything: basically, start with water and whole beans, end with a great cup of coffee.

Any suggestions?
Nespresso is an OK brand on single serve coffee. They sell different models from a simple espresso maker to ones that make latter.
Old Dec 20, 15, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by GB View Post
Buy the pods on ebay. Many are up to 40% off.
Have you thought about getting reusable capsules instead? Much better than buying cheap ones on eBay! [removed link to blog]

Hope it helps!

Last edited by cblaisd; Dec 20, 15 at 3:47 pm Reason: Please review the FT rules about blog-flogging. Thank you.
Old Dec 21, 15, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Originally Posted by chgoeditor View Post
While it doesn't meet your bean-to-cup specs, I'd be remiss if I didn't put in a plug for the good old fashioned French press. Few parts to break. Brews to your desired strength. Easy to clean. Portable. Doesn't require expensive pods or filters.
Yes cheap to run and easy to use. If it's just a decent tasting cup of coffee you want without using an espresso machine then they're fine. I used to use the small one when I went camping.

As pods and capsules are ridiculously expensive to buy in Argentina there's no incentive for me to use them.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: