Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What was your Best Meal of the Year?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: AA,UA
Originally Posted by moseslin
I finally got to try Mama's Fish House in Maui. It was a great experience, although I feel it now pales in comparison to the people who have eaten at 20 michelin star restaurants
I like the view of the windsurfers and just wandering around their piece of beachfront property.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by breakankles
I like the view of the windsurfers and just wandering around their piece of beachfront property.
yeah the views are amazing! ^
Old Nov 11, 2013, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.448 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

You're causing me to reconsider my ATL choices. Headed there next week and I need to decide btwn Empire State South & Bacchanalia one night and The Optimist, Miller Union or Bacchanalia on another.
I haven't tried ESS yet or MU. Both are on my list. I would also add "Two Urban Licks" to your list. It's killer. That being said, I thought K+D was off the charts amazing.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by fieldeng
I haven't tried ESS yet or MU. Both are on my list. I would also add "Two Urban Licks" to your list. It's killer. That being said, I thought K+D was off the charts amazing.
Yeah I've heard great things about King & Duke and I can't remember why it didn't make the cut. Empire State South was just OK to me and unfortunately I was solo so no opportunity to try other dishes. I went to Jeni's Splendid for ice cream after so that was the highlight of the night. I thought Bacchanalia was pretty good. I only had two free nights so I'll just have to go back and check a few others off my list.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 12:39 am

Programs: DL platinum, AS MVP gold
Sombats in Hilo, Hawaii
Fresh basil rolls,
Larb gai,
Red curry with cashew nuts,
Deep fried bananas
Old Nov 12, 2013, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
To add to the ATL list:

Leon's Full Service
The Spence
Old Nov 12, 2013, 7:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by Townshend
I'm rounding out the rest of the year at French Laundry, the Bocuse d'Or meal at Next, Kawamura, Jiro, and Narisawa
I'm curious if you've had the Bocuse d'Or meal yet and what your thoughts were. I've got tickets for next week (and happened to turn the trip to and from Chicago into a mileage run of sorts).

Also, for those who follow Michelin ratings, the Chicago ones were announced today. Most notably Grace debuted at 2 stars.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 6:41 pm
Suspended

The best meal I've ever tasted was in the Philippines, simple yet super tasty and delicious:

We had a superb, albeit totally private meal at Old Manila and several reef-fresh and utterly memorable seafood meals in Coron, Palawan. Lastly I'm still craving with the chicken Adobo in Coconut milk dinner we have.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Not entirely sure, but I thoroughly enjoyed the meal with old friends at the Smoke in Dallas last week. http://www.smokerestaurant.com/
Old Nov 14, 2013, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by sky303
To add to the ATL list:

Leon's Full Service
The Spence
I would also add "Two Urban Licks" to your list. It's killer.
Paper Plane & Canoe were also recommended. Have either of you heard anything about those two? I may be back there sooner than I thought. Sorry to hijack the thread. :-)
Old Nov 14, 2013, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Paper Plane & Canoe were also recommended. Have either of you heard anything about those two? I may be back there sooner than I thought. Sorry to hijack the thread. :-)
Never been to Paper Plane (it's on the list), but I can attest to Canoe being absolutely excellent. It's a little out of the way for me (I'm from Brookhaven), but it's always been great. It's an older restaurant, but the menu manages to stay modern and vibrant. And the property is stunning. We once held a remembrance ceremony there after a close family friend died, and they transformed the grounds into a beautiful reception area and of course the food was wonderful. I highly recommend Canoe.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Thanks to same awesome locations for clients this year I was fortunate enough to have a good list of top meals of the year and there are a number that didn't make this list that I was fortunate enough to try as well

BBQ Salmon @ Emeril's New Orleans Fish House in Las Vegas
Filet Mignon @ Angus Barn in Raleigh NC
Sushi @ Morimoto in NYC
Sushi @ sugarFISH in Santa Monica
Everything @ Filomena in DC
Everything (filet mignon + peach caprese salad + everything else) @ The Little Door in LA
Old Nov 17, 2013, 4:54 pm

London

Fish and crustaceans at the Angler restaurant, top of South Place Hotel, London. Michelin-starred.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Citi Exec, Amex Plat- Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Wolfgang's Cut at the Venetian in Las Vagas. Excellent filet, amazing mushroo,s, great scotch and wine, and impeccable service. I can't stop thinking about it. Highly recommended!!!!!!
Old Nov 20, 2013, 5:51 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
This is a tough question! I would probably say Guy Savoy in Paris. The "Innovations and inspirations in 12 sequencies" was amazing. In the US, Tru takes the cake for my best this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.