Best burger in the world

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best burger in the world

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2016, 5:41 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Just got back from Dallas, had a great burger at the Rodeo Goat. They're in the Top 10 on TA for Dallas and they have a great burger menu, plus they'll sub any of their burgers for turkey AND they have a great beer selection. Everything you could want, basically.

http://www.rodeogoat.com/dallas/
Old May 27, 2016, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was in Vegas over the weekend and had an awesome burger at Michael Mina 's restaurant. ..Pub 1842.
I know it sounds weird but was amazing. It had peanut butter, potato chips, pimento cheese and onion jam.
Sorry about the sideways pic.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 4, 2016, 7:12 am

Still my favorite burger is Kuma's Corner in Chicago. This place is a bar with approximately 10 additional tables with screaming loud head-banger music. They open at 11:00 most days and people (of every age group) start lining up for their burgers at 10:00 a.m. We usually plan a mid-week trip and go about 2:00 p.m. **This place is rated one of the top 10 burgers in the United States.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: SPG Plat, DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Avis First, National EE, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Huntress
Still my favorite burger is Kuma's Corner in Chicago. This place is a bar with approximately 10 additional tables with screaming loud head-banger music. They open at 11:00 most days and people (of every age group) start lining up for their burgers at 10:00 a.m. We usually plan a mid-week trip and go about 2:00 p.m. **This place is rated one of the top 10 burgers in the United States.
If you don't want to wait in line, head about 3.5 hours south and hit the Indy outpost of Kuma's. I've had both and while the Chicago atmosphere can't be easily replicated, the food was just as expected without an insane wait. The Ghost burger they had a few weeks back was one of the best I've ever had.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Huntress
Originally Posted by taylorc418
If you don't want to wait in line, head about 3.5 hours south and hit the Indy outpost of Kuma's. I've had both and while the Chicago atmosphere can't be easily replicated, the food was just as expected without an insane wait. The Ghost burger they had a few weeks back was one of the best I've ever had.
Is the Kuma's Schaumburg equal in food quality to the Belmont Ave and Indy locations? What about the wait there?

Last edited by jmd001; Jun 7, 2016 at 12:06 pm Reason: Add a quote and a question.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 8:35 pm

Winghart's Pittsburgh,PA They freshly grind their meat and then ook them on a flat top! DELICIOUS
GadgetFreak likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 7:51 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
The Kuma:s in Indy is just as good, lots of beer, ring in nose employees, with lots of tats, and pleanty of heavy metal...but you can eat outside, or walk across the street to the fire station,,,

Turn left walk 2 blocks to White Castles Corp Offices...Karma...
Old Jun 21, 2016, 1:39 pm

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (from the Secret Menu)
Rather than being sandwiched between two regular buns, this four-patty burger is held together by two grilled cheese sandwiches.
http://www.theburgerspriest.com/wp-c.../BP-web-12.jpg
Old Jun 21, 2016, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh my god. Yes, please.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 3:19 pm

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Originally Posted by corky

Oh my god. Yes, please.
You'll have to make a trip to Southern Ontario or Central Alberta.

http://www.theburgerspriest.com
Old Jun 21, 2016, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by j_the_p
The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (from the Secret Menu)
Rather than being sandwiched between two regular buns, this four-patty burger is held together by two grilled cheese sandwiches.
http://www.theburgerspriest.com/wp-c.../BP-web-12.jpg
If I am interpreting the relationships between sandwiches described on the "Secret Menu" page correctly, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse only has 2 burger patties. The other two alternating "layers" are panko-breaded/fried portobello mushroom caps (two of "The Option" from the main menu).

Regardless of exact composition, the layer count and "buns" are most impressive. Now to figure out a justification for a trip to Alberta or Ontario.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 9:25 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by satman40
The Kuma:s in Indy is just as good, lots of beer, ring in nose employees, with lots of tats, and pleanty of heavy metal...but you can eat outside, or walk across the street to the fire station,,,

Turn left walk 2 blocks to White Castles Corp Offices...Karma...
Went to Indy's Kuma's Corner yesterday...had the goat cheese one. Meh, but I dug the pretzel bun idea. Decent frites, too.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Burger lovers traveling to Pittsburgh need to check out Burgatory. Great rare elk burger there today. The Napa slaw was also delicious. ^
Old Dec 11, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
My picks in no particular order:

NYC - Emily and Peter Luger
Boston - Eagle's Deli
Austin - Hopdoddy
Houston - Hubcap Grill
Old Dec 11, 2017, 5:51 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MaxBuck
Burger lovers traveling to Pittsburgh need to check out Burgatory. Great rare elk burger there today. The Napa slaw was also delicious. ^
Speaking of Pittsburgh, the Pub Burger at Meat & Potatoes is incredible:

pastrami pork belly / horseradish cheddar / fried egg / special sauce / housemade bun

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.