Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Copper River Salmon" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2009, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Consolidated "Copper River Salmon" thread

available at many Costco. at pentagon city in VA, is 9.95 a pound. read it was available in CT, so i went to the biggest Costco that was convenient.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 7:37 am

Programs: AA LT G (1MM);DL G, UA GM
Now that's worth a trip! Why I keep up my Costco membership even though I hardly get there anymore.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 9:02 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Our local CostCo has had it here for 2 weeks, and it's wonderful. Same price, $9.95/lb, less (6.95/lb I think) if you buy a whole fish.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
That is excellent -- at supermarkets in the Seattle area, where the fish gets off the plane and goes straight to market, Copper River is running $20 to $28 a pound.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by BearX220
That is excellent -- at supermarkets in the Seattle area, where the fish gets off the plane and goes straight to market, Copper River is running $20 to $28 a pound.

Dosen't it depend on which type it is? King is expensive Sockey and Silver is the stuff that is usually more widely available and cheaper.

Safeway had Sockey for $9.99 this week. but I'm sure the fish markets are selling King for $30+
Old Jun 4, 2009, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

yes, it is sockeye.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 5:15 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
I'll have to ask the SO to pick some up! I love salmon.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 3:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
IIRC Costco in ANC was selling Copper Reds for around $8 a lb... so that would be decent ^
Old Jun 9, 2009, 7:37 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Thanks Jer for the heads up^, I've been enjoying quite a few Stone Crab claws from Costco for the past couple months, time to get some salmon.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 2:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
Thanks Jer for the heads up^, I've been enjoying quite a few Stone Crab claws from Costco for the past couple months, time to get some salmon.
Now that's not fair

I had some great stone crab claws in Marathon, FL, but have never seen them carried at my local Costco...
Old Jun 9, 2009, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Now that's not fair

I had some great stone crab claws in Marathon, FL, but have never seen them carried at my local Costco...
guess I'm not having any either

I went this evening and they were out of both CR Salmon & Stone Crab Claws.

More of both is supposed to come in this weekend but the meat dept didn't seem so sure.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 1:02 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
Do you actually prefer the stone crab claws to the Alaskan king crab legs/claws (which they almost always have at least in CA)?
Old Jun 10, 2009, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
guess I'm not having any either

I went this evening and they were out of both CR Salmon & Stone Crab Claws.

More of both is supposed to come in this weekend but the meat dept didn't seem so sure.
There is a computer system that (if you find the right person) can look up and let you know when the product should be arriving... so someone should know...
Old Jun 10, 2009, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by braslvr
Do you actually prefer the stone crab claws to the Alaskan king crab legs/claws (which they almost always have at least in CA)?
No...

But its nice to mix it up a bit with Stone Crab Claws... since they are excellent as well... (one can eat only so much King Crab )

But in general, I've had excellent luck with seafood @ Costco... - I especially love their Poke bar in the Islands... - any one know if Kona has it?
Old Jun 10, 2009, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
its nice to mix it up a bit with Stone Crab Claws... since they are excellent as well
spot on^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.