Wiki Posts
Search

Montreal Steak Seasoning

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2011, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
From McCormick and Co. Possibly made 1 mile from my house in Hunt Valley, MD. If the wind blows right, I can tell what they are making at a given time. Vanilla, pepper etc.
That is sweet. You should try air curing bacon.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

get the reduced salt variety. it is only 30% salt.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
Originally Posted by bpo26c
Where can you get Pappy's seasoning? Is this something that can be found in most grocery stores or do I need to order it online?

Thanks!
It's in every supermarket I've seen in California. I've also seen it in many butcher shops.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 3:15 pm

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by missydarlin
I think I have an addiction.

I've been using it mostly on vegetables. Sure makes steamed broccoli taste better
This is good to see. I'm not the only one who does things with it other than steak.

I like it on cottage cheese, mixed into scrambled eggs (montreal chicken seasoning is good here too, but not both together), put it in cheese steak, pork chops and country ribs on the grill and stir fry (esp. when beef or pork is used). So I guess I use it on veggies with the stir fry.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 8:47 am

Is it similar to pfiffi the swedish seasoning?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
It's also good to mix into hamburger.

Sometimes I sprinkle a steak with Spicy Montreal Steak Seasoning, and then add Tobasco sauce. Hot stuff!
Old Feb 17, 2012, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by bsaced
Is it similar to pfiffi the swedish seasoning?
I can't find this using Google.. Do you have a link showing what this is?

As to Montreal Steak.. In Canada McCormick sells a wet paste version of Montreal Steak made with Burgundy.. So good.

http://www.clubhouse.ca/en/products/...8-5b84202b9566

Edit.. Found it.. It's actually Piffi.. Looking at the ingredient list for Piffi, it seems closer to Old Bay than Montreal Steak
Old Feb 17, 2012, 1:43 am

Programs: Star Alliance - AC
I personally like Hy's Steak Seasoning which is Montreal Steak Seasoning West Coast style.

I carry a bottle around every time we move. Good reminder for me to add it to my list of stuff to purchase when i go home.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 8:11 pm

If you're in the Chicago or Milwaukee area stop by The Spice House and pick up some Back of the Yards seasoning - you'll never eat the McCormick's stuff again.

http://www.thespicehouse.com/spices/...rs-rub#content
Old Feb 22, 2012, 2:50 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Last night I microwaved a potato, smashed it lightly with a fork, and ate it with a generous sprinkle of Montreal seasoning, a bit of butter, and a big spoonful of plain greek yogurt.
Old May 4, 2012, 2:14 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by missydarlin
Last night I microwaved a potato, smashed it lightly with a fork, and ate it with a generous sprinkle of Montreal seasoning, a bit of butter, and a big spoonful of plain greek yogurt.
That is quite the combo. I also absolutely love the Montreal seasoning but have never been tried anything that resembles this combination.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.