M.S.G.
^ I've got a bottle in my pantry!
Old Apr 3, 2011, 3:34 am

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank
Originally Posted by skchin
M.S.G.
That's the sweet stuff. I mix it with my rice. hahahah

Originally Posted by SOhp101
OT rant, to any non-asians: PLEASE don't ever add soy sauce to your rice when eating at the table. You will be perceived either as rude or juvenile.
But.... but... I do that all the time when I was a kid..... I'm from Hong Kong too, full disclaimer.

You want good asian food, come over to YVR. there are too many of us here
Old Apr 3, 2011, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

there are lot(hundreds) of different styles of "chinese" cooking. here in dc, we have a large oriental population. the thai,korean, chinese, Vietnamese and i guess japanese and Filipino are radically different from one restaurant to another. almost all is adjusted to american ingredients.
for example we have the wrong kind of pigs and chickens here. a few vegies are now produced, but most are adapted.
i do not know why the food cannot be excellent even though it is not using some thousand year old recipe and traditional cooking methods. is it then called fusion, and to be shunned.

washington has at least 30 or 50 viet restaurants. all are quite different, whereas almost all thai is similar. is pad thai and colored curries the only dishes of the thai?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.