Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2005, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Question Website: Restaurant Savings Program

I've been trying to access the Restaurant Savings Program on dinersclubus.com but without success. The site fails to respond to a request on the search facility and then invites you to download a program and then doesn't do so. Anyone else had experience with this?
Old May 16, 2005, 7:40 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
I have another problem accessing the site. Since I'm registed with AA's AAdvantage dining program, I get a message saying something like, "We see you're already signed up at another Rewards Network program blah blah blah." But because of this, I can't even access that FAQ and find out ANYTHING about the Diners Dining program. How stupid!

Last edited by Neal; May 16, 2005 at 8:07 am
Old May 21, 2005, 10:04 am

Programs: AA Plat, BA, DL, Frontier, NWA, SWA, UA, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Choice Priv, BW, Diners
Originally Posted by Neal
I have another problem accessing the site. Since I'm registed with AA's AAdvantage dining program, I get a message saying something like, "We see you're already signed up at another Rewards Network program blah blah blah." But because of this, I can't even access that FAQ and find out ANYTHING about the Diners Dining program. How stupid!
I am very confused.

First of all, you don't need to do a Dining Login to access the FAQ. (You may need to do an e-Account Manager login on the main DIners Club page -- I offhand couldn't find another way to get to Restaurant Savings Program without doing that -- but that's not the same as a Dining Login.)

In case you just want to see the FAQ, you can go directly to:

https://dinersclub.rewardsnetwork.com/faqs.jsp

But my next confusion is how in the world does it KNOW that YOU (the person) are also registered for AAdvantage Dining, unless you are using your Diners Club card at AAdvantage (which I thought you couldn't do)? Is it because you got your MC version of DC already, registered THAT in AAdvantage (and it didn't complain THERE that you were already auto-registered in Restaurant Savings Program)?

Or if you trying doing a Dining Login with the same username that you use to do a Dining Login over at AAdvantage Dining, that would be the only other way it could know that you are trying to log in to the wrong program.

I am registered in half a dozen different Rewards Network programs, and I never get that error message unless I try to put the same CREDIT CARD into more than one program, or try to set up the same username at different programs.

Without the credit card being the same or the username being the same, Rewards Network has no way of knowing that I'm the same person.

For the username, I use the format "aausername" for logging into AAdvantage Dining, "dcusername" for Diners Club, etc.

If the creidt card is the issue, you can move credit cards around between programs as long as you have at least one EXTRA card. You can't move the LAST credit card out of a program. But if you take some credit card you never use (but that's still current), you can put that in as a placeholder in one program, delete the other card out of there, then add that other card to another program.

(I don't know, though, if you can add or remove cards from Restaurant Savings Program, like you can with all other programs, since it's the one program that's tied to a credit card type per se.)
Old May 21, 2005, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Stefan Daystrom

For the username, I use the format "aausername" for logging into AAdvantage Dining, "dcusername" for Diners Club, etc.
That was brilliant. How come I never thought of that. I am sick of using different user names which I keep on forgetting. Any hint on passwords (so that may be some day I can hack into your accounts)
Old May 25, 2005, 1:02 am

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
"I have another problem accessing the site. Since I'm registed with AA's AAdvantage dining program, I get a message saying something like, "We see you're already signed up at another Rewards Network program blah blah blah." But because of this, I can't even access that FAQ and find out ANYTHING about the Diners Dining program. How stupid!"

I was having the same problem - and the gal suggested I eliminate the cookies involved with diner, and sure enough after I did that I had no trouble logging in and getting the restaurant info.
Old May 28, 2005, 8:47 am

Programs: AA Plat, BA, DL, Frontier, NWA, SWA, UA, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Choice Priv, BW, Diners
Originally Posted by maulah
That was brilliant. How come I never thought of that. I am sick of using different user names which I keep on forgetting. Any hint on passwords (so that may be some day I can hack into your accounts)
This won't help you hack into my accounts but the general hint on safe passwords is to use two or more generally unrelated words run together, or something like that. That eliminates most password hacking programs which can run through every word in the dictionary but can't run through that squared or cubed.

As for memory, choose words that you somehow associate with the account but that other people wouldn't. For example, if it's an airline account or airline dining account, you could use as part of your password some city you often fly on that airline, or some attraction or restaurant or street in that city, or something that's unique about the gate area for that airline at your home airport, or the name of an FA or GA you've gotten to know, or a reference to your favorite bonus in that specific FF program, etc. But again, don't make it just one word, somehow make it a combination that's way harder to guess (or for a hacking program to find by trial and error) than any one word would be.

So for example, if you had a memorable flight on an airline to ATL, met someone there named Jen, and were participating in a bonus called FFF3 then, you could choose a password jenfff3atl, and although each invididual part of the password would be easy to hit at random, who in the world besides you would have put those things together?
Old May 28, 2005, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Stefan Daystrom
This won't help you hack into my accounts but the general hint on safe passwords is to use two or more generally unrelated words run together, or something like that. That eliminates most password hacking programs which can run through every word in the dictionary but can't run through that squared or cubed.

As for memory, choose words that you somehow associate with the account but that other people wouldn't. For example, if it's an airline account or airline dining account, you could use as part of your password some city you often fly on that airline, or some attraction or restaurant or street in that city, or something that's unique about the gate area for that airline at your home airport, or the name of an FA or GA you've gotten to know, or a reference to your favorite bonus in that specific FF program, etc. But again, don't make it just one word, somehow make it a combination that's way harder to guess (or for a hacking program to find by trial and error) than any one word would be.

So for example, if you had a memorable flight on an airline to ATL, met someone there named Jen, and were participating in a bonus called FFF3 then, you could choose a password jenfff3atl, and although each invididual part of the password would be easy to hit at random, who in the world besides you would have put those things together?
Thanks for the info. You are genius. Were you related to Einstein
Old May 28, 2005, 2:11 pm
CMW

Registering new DC # w/ an airline idine program?

Now that the new DC # is formatted and processed like a MC, has anyone registered it w/ an airline dining program and tried to get the points plus the % off DC dining discount?

Not all restaurants are on both lists but some are. For instance I live in Nashville and often visit Kalamatas on a day where I can earn points(M-W). It appears on NW dining list and on the DC restaurant list. Will it allow me to register the new DC # number (as a MC) on my NW dining account, earn airline points and when the charge gets processed, deduct 10% off my bill?

(FWIW, I alway use my FF# as my idine user ID so I don't have to remember multiple user names. I think United was automatically set up this way and I just did it for all my other idine accts.)
Old May 28, 2005, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
I really doubt it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.