Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer and Delta Air Lines: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2005, 1:21 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Our newest release of ExpertFlyer now has support for DL upgrade availability buckets G, V, X, and Z. Sorry, no award inventory yet.

We would appreciate any feedback from the FT community on its accuracy and completeness and any suggestions for better supporting DL flyers.

Thank you for your support.
Old May 15, 2005, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Thumbs up Thanks, great news!

Keep those enhancements coming!
Old May 15, 2005, 3:53 pm

Programs: DL DM (1.1MM), MR TEL, HH DL, Avis P+ National Ex+, blah blah blah
Question User Reviews

How about some feedback on the services/features vs. the cost from some existing users of this tool.

I'd like to know more before I decide to try it out.
Old May 15, 2005, 4:13 pm

Programs: NW-PE, Blue Star SeaSmiles
Why are pay services allowed to advertise on FlyerTalk? I'm sure that those that use the service find value but couldn't you just e-mail your subscribers about the enhancements? Sure comes off as a solicitation that doesn't benefit FlyerTalk.
Old May 15, 2005, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA-Silver; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Gold
Finally !! Been using expertflyer for a month or so and now that we can see Z class again I am definitely staying. It is a great site. Worth the $5 a month for sure.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plt, SPG Platinum
Can someone please look up 'V' class on Expert Flyer for me?

Flying SLC to DCA on 12/16 on the non-stop flight departing at 10:01AM. Upgrade has not officially cleared but when I go to the DL website and attempt to book a 'B' class, it says upgrade is available. I know the DL website has been having some kinks with this recently.

So can someone look up on ExpertFlyer or whatever service it is for 'V' class on Flight 1181 on 12/16 and then post what it shows?

Thanks!
Old Dec 12, 2005, 12:10 pm

Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
Originally Posted by bustraveler
Flying SLC to DCA on 12/16 on the non-stop flight departing at 10:01AM. Upgrade has not officially cleared but when I go to the DL website and attempt to book a 'B' class, it says upgrade is available. I know the DL website has been having some kinks with this recently.

So can someone look up on ExpertFlyer or whatever service it is for 'V' class on Flight 1181 on 12/16 and then post what it shows?

Thanks!
DL 1181
SLC 12/16/05 10:01AM
DCA 12/16/05 04:00PM 757 V3
Old Dec 12, 2005, 12:35 pm

Thanks. Just called SMS. 10 minutes and all was fixed. They couldn't understand why it hadn't cleared. All taken care of and I even got my favorite seat.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Were you in B class to begin with?
Old Dec 12, 2005, 12:46 pm

Programs: VX elevate ,CO Gold,DL GM
Thanks. Just called SMS. 10 minutes and all was fixed. They couldn't understand why it hadn't cleared. All taken care of and I even got my favorite seat.
i was wondering what seats you like and why
seat guru puts row 2 and 5 a plus if you wont to see the movie but that all
Old Dec 12, 2005, 12:53 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Unless you are on Y/B/M your official "clear time" should be tomorrow at 12:01pm eastern. How did they clear you a day ahead of the official time?
Old Dec 12, 2005, 1:03 pm

I cleared b/c of that 'glitch' in the Delta system. Instead of clearing at 72 hours, you really clear at 96 if you are a gold (i.e. 4 days). Platinums clear at 6 days typically and FO's at 2.

I was booked in 'K' class. LAX to SLC cleared this morning.....but the SLC to DCA leg did not clear even though it still showed 'V' class. So I waited an hour after it should have cleared this morning to call. Quite impressed with the quick answer and decision.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by tsw1
i was wondering what seats you like and why
seat guru puts row 2 and 5 a plus if you wont to see the movie but that all
Favorite seat is 5C or 5D. I got 5D.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 1:08 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
I cleared b/c of that 'glitch' in the Delta system. Instead of clearing at 72 hours, you really clear at 96 if you are a gold (i.e. 4 days). Platinums clear at 6 days typically and FO's at 2.
I am surprised that SMS would clear it outside of the published upgrade window despite the "glitch" in the automatic process. That’s probably good to know though, thanks.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 8:01 pm

Programs: Delta FO, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond Elite
I'm FO and was just cleared, at approx. 40 hours before my flight, for my next flight from IAH to ATL. I was surprised, needless to say!

This makes me 4 for 5 in the past 2 months. Yay! Before that I was only traveling on CRJs and Embraers, so there was no possible upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.