Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL Reduction in WP Elite Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
DL Reduction in WP Elite Benefits

ok, CO announced this morning several additions to the OP program for 2010, some of those benefits are very small while others are much more valuable.

DL yesterday announced the reduction in WP Elite benefits to occur in the next 20 days, again some very small but some very valuable.

So the question begs to ask, which benefit will the WP Elites miss the most and are there any benefits OP is adding that you'd like to see DL add next year?

Personally I'm glad CO is doing away with the DL forced 50% eqm on tickets booked via other methods than co.com (yes - before you flame me, search and you'll see old threads where CO admitted DL forced the issue when the partnership was first formed, NW on the other hand told DL to go fly a kite)

On the other hand I'm glad to see DL restoring Gold Companion upgrades after quietly removing the benefit this year

Oh then there's the loss of EUA on Alaska for WP elites (as reported in today's news, paper wasn't too kind to DL for this change)

I understand DL's reasoning for all of this (which they've publically stated was because of a lacking IT infrastructure) but dont agree they had to make these changes to become "best of both/best in class" (to quote Richard)

To be fair in CO's past they used "enhanced" every time they took a benefit away but they learned their lesson and now give it to us straight
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:35 pm

Programs: delta plat, hilton gold, marriott silver
As a lowly SE, I am concerned over any benefits reduced. Can you specify what they are?
Old Sep 10, 2009, 5:19 pm

I would recommend that this belongs in the NW forum..... since that still exists....

Though, from a new NW flyer (DL PM), let me guess:

1- Loss of ability for PM to upgrade companion
2- 25% mileage bonus lost
3- Downgrade in website functionality (I COMPLETELY AGREE)
4- Potential for downgrade in CS handling for GM's (from what I hear/understand Chisholm has been great)
5- Loss of hot meals on some flights
Old Sep 10, 2009, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by terryan
As a lowly SE, I am concerned over any benefits reduced. Can you specify what they are?
Here's the thread started by Scott (Managing Director, Customer Experience CO Air) CO Insider

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...m-changes.html

Here's the thread started in the DL forums by SkyMilesInsider

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...pdate-q-2.html

PS As a silver I believe you actually gain more than you loose, Golds and Plats are hit pretty hard
Old Sep 10, 2009, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WBurcham
I would recommend that this belongs in the NW forum..... since that still exists....

Though, from a new NW flyer (DL PM), let me guess:

1- Loss of ability for PM to upgrade companion
2- 25% mileage bonus lost
3- Downgrade in website functionality (I COMPLETELY AGREE)
4- Potential for downgrade in CS handling for GM's (from what I hear/understand Chisholm has been great)
5- Loss of hot meals on some flights
Why? DL clearly posted the changes in the DL forums and DL is clearly in charge of WP these days
Old Sep 10, 2009, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by socrates
Why? DL clearly posted the changes in the DL forums and DL is clearly in charge of WP these days
Why even have an NW forum anymore then?
Old Sep 10, 2009, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by WBurcham
Why even have an NW forum anymore then?
To avoid the reduction in banner ad revenues when going from two forums to one?

Seriously... the pathway to getting along together is to get together. It's time for a single forum. Kind of like recognizing that the sooner you get into the chair the sooner the root canal will be behind you.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
To avoid the reduction in banner ad revenues when going from two forums to one?

Seriously... the pathway to getting along together is to get together. It's time for a single forum. Kind of like recognizing that the sooner you get into the chair the sooner the root canal will be behind you.
Hey Now .... No single forum until the big party in MSP at the end of the month for the send off!!! <shameless plug>^

Safe Travels!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.