Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Companion Ticket Date Change?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2009, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Companion Ticket Date Change?

If this has been asked before, I apologize. I've been searching for an answer but haven't found one that really answers my question. :-)

A friend of mine has offerd to let me go to NYC on a companion ticket with him. We were leaving Thursday and coming back Tuesday. We have since found out that he would have to come back on Sunday. Is it possible for me to stay till Tuesday if he (the companion ticket holder) has to come back on Sunday?

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas!

Christopher
Old Sep 10, 2009, 10:10 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Welcome to FT. It would depend on the rules of the companion fare or certificate that was used, but pretty much all of the companion deals I have seen require both passengers to travel the identical itinerary. Most likely you will both have to keep your dates the exact same or you end up paying for the companion ticket at the price that is currently in effect at the time of the change, which could be hundreds of dollars more than you paid for the first ticket.

John

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.