Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club - LAS

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2009, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by mersk862
I'm giving serious consideration to a Priority Pass membership (or getting a CO Presidential Plus MC, which includes a full PC membership) so I can keep access to this club.
I hope you're just kidding. The departure of DL/NW lounges effective 9/1/09from the Priority Pass program has left the Priority Pass program decimated. Not a single DL/NW hub will have SC lounge access under the revised program. In LAS, your lounge "choices" will be either the US Airways Club or the CO Presidents Club. Furthermore, if the US club closure rumor is true, then in this case, there is clearly only one choice. Thankfully, it's a nice choice.

Last edited by gsorob; Sep 9, 2009 at 12:45 pm Reason: clarification
Old Oct 12, 2009, 8:14 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Southwest A-List, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, CBP Global Entry
Construction across from LAS Prez Club

Being based in LAS, I'm going to miss the access to the CO President's Club (where I happen to be sitting right now.) However, it appears there is construction going on right across the hall. Specifically, when you get off the elevator and go left for the PC, there is a roped off area to the right with a sign on the door that says "Construction Area". Possible there are putting in a Sky Club (fingers crossed?) Aside from all their hub traffic, they also now have 3x/day service to LAX (on NW metal) that handles a decent amount of international connecting traffic that might utilize a club as well.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 2:02 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
There is also construction downstairs when you first get off the tram to the D gates. DL will be the #3 or #4 carrier at LAS when the September statistics post. WN #1, UA or US #2, US or UA #3 Dl/NW #4 but we will have to wait and see what effect de-hubbing LAS had on US....
Old Oct 13, 2009, 5:00 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Another Large DL Station with no Club--BWI

We used to have a self-service club (outside security, off the corridor which runs behind the ticket counters) accessed by getting a code to punch in from one of the front counter staff. This was closed in the mid 90s and not reopened.

Apparently, DL has given up two gates at the end of Pier C on the right (although it is hard to say, given the construction and the tearing up of portions of the alleys around Piers C and D). They could put a small club at the end of Pier C.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 5:42 pm

Programs: Flying Nut
way back when the LAS PC first opened I heard that CO had the option of using the rest of the space up there to there liking. We will see! Perhaps CO has seen so much business there so far that they have decided to expand in its infantcy. Time will tell.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 10:28 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Latest LAS rumor is that the new Terminal 3 will be a *A & international terminal.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by ND76
We used to have a self-service club (outside security, off the corridor which runs behind the ticket counters) accessed by getting a code to punch in from one of the front counter staff. This was closed in the mid 90s and not reopened.
That room was a nice little convenience while it existed.

SDF had a similar configured room.

Memories...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.