Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

DL Reserve Question: The Mechanics of the MQM Spending Bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2009, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,

OK, here is my question:

I passed the $30K spending and received 15,000 bonus miles, but no MQM credit as yet. Is this an error or do they ask you about the MQMs (which can be gifted) at a later point in time? If it matters, I have the DL Reserve for Business.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 6:49 pm

Programs: DL PM; Co Gold; PC Plat; Hhonors Silver
login to award

For the Reserve card, the MQM awarding is not automatic--you have to either reward the MQM's to yourself or anyone else. Simply login to the AMEX Reserve website and award them to yourself.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 8:06 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
I think this is the website to do so.

https://www.delta.com/deltareservemqm/
Old Sep 7, 2009, 8:33 pm

Programs: DL KM
If you don't send the MQM's to someone else within-I think-60 days, they will automatically be placed in your account.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 4:27 pm

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Unless it's a new policy - you will not get the MQM's automatically after 60 days. The first time I reached the 30K, I did not know that you had to designate them to yourself, so I kept waiting for about 90 days and nothing. I finally called and was directed to the Delta website, where I assigned the MQM's to myself, they appeared almost instantly in my account.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 2:09 pm

Thank you for the link. I now have 30,000 MQM--how long does it take to reflect silver medallion status? It just shows "skymiles member", along with Delta Reserve.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 2:13 pm

Programs: /usr/bin
Originally Posted by witneycat
Thank you for the link. I now have 30,000 MQM--how long does it take to reflect silver medallion status? It just shows "skymiles member", along with Delta Reserve.
It will happen on Saturday night. You should be a Silver Medallion by the time you wake up on Sunday.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 2:19 pm

Thank you for the quick response! We are flying on Sunday (in coach, unfortunately)--so we should not pre-pay for any checked bags then, and there should be no charge, correct? Probably just two checked bags for the two of us.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL PM Reserve
Originally Posted by witneycat
Thank you for the quick response! We are flying on Sunday (in coach, unfortunately)--so we should not pre-pay for any checked bags then, and there should be no charge, correct? Probably just two checked bags for the two of us.

Right. No checked bag fees once you hit status (which is likely to be tonight rather than saturday night, as was my experience earlier this year).

If your status hasn't updated by the time of your flight for some reason, I would bring along a printout showing your YTD MQM's and explain to the agent (i would think they would be able to waive the checked bag fee in that case).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.