Wiki Posts
Search

ATL Concourse E Sky Clubs

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2009, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL - GM, MM; AS - MVP Gold
ATL Concourse E Sky Clubs

I am passing through ATL next week (from LAX) on the way to ATH. I see there are two Sky Clubs on E -- any recommendations on which one is better? Thanks --
Old Aug 17, 2009, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
The second one (E15 I think) - it's the former BusinessElite lounge. A lot more open and a good bit of space. Best lounge in ATL in my opinion.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
One used to be a normal CRC, the other was a BusinessElite lounge, for BE pax only. But at least a year ago they rebranded the BE lounge as a CRC so you can get into both. IMO the better one is the old BE lounge, not least because they put on a nice food spread during certain times of the day. The first lounge you come to after you come up the escalators is the legacy CRC lounge. Just go further and around the corner to the old BE lounge.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Depending on when you're flying out, the hours might determine it.

Concourse E across from Gate E14 Daily: 6am10pm
Concourse E across from Gate E15 Daily: 2pm10pm

E15 is the old BE lounge and the preferred lounge but I've seen it overflowing with people.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 5:16 pm

I went to both E SkyClubs yesterday and it seems they stock up food in both lounges now. However, I like the views better from the lounge at E15, especially if a 77L is parked at E11
Old Aug 17, 2009, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
E15 is the old BE lounge and the preferred lounge but I've seen it overflowing with people.
I've never seen E15 overflowing with people. I've seen them turn people away at the door at E14 a few times due to overcrowding, but never at E15.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 5:44 pm

Programs: Former DL PM, current level: tin
Originally Posted by mersk862
I've never seen E15 overflowing with people. I've seen them turn people away at the door at E14 a few times due to overcrowding, but never at E15.
To expand on that a bit more, I've been in the E 14 one and it was extremely packed. I walked down to the E 15 one and it was nearly empty. I think most people see that CRC and just stop there. I'm guessing the majority of the peeps in the E 14 DSC don't even know the second one exists (which makes since, its a bit out of the way and tucked around a corner). As was pointed out, its only open in the afternoon/evening so no go for your morning departures.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kylemore
To expand on that a bit more, I've been in the E 14 one and it was extremely packed. I walked down to the E 15 one and it was nearly empty. I think most people see that CRC and just stop there. I'm guessing the majority of the peeps in the E 14 DSC don't even know the second one exists (which makes since, its a bit out of the way and tucked around a corner). As was pointed out, its only open in the afternoon/evening so no go for your morning departures.
That's my thoughts - I believe the E15 lounge was only for BizElite before, so if one hadn't flown BE but was a PM or CRC member, they might not really know about the E15 club.

That, and the fact that it's the first one you hit, are probably logical reasons.

I don't mind though - I like keeping E15 a little quiet.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 6:15 pm
In Memoriam

I recall (from experience) the BE lounge also being used as a contract lounge for other airlines.

There were days when I was in there that there were more non BE customers than BE customers.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 6:48 pm

Programs: MR Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
I submit another vote for E15 - same reasons. Usually less crowded while the E14 is standaing room only....which leads to cleaner, quieter, etc.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 7:08 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL Million Miler
Only E-14 has showers (hope I have this right). The one with the nice view, formerly Biz Elite club, does NOT have showers.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 8:36 pm

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Policypeddler
Only E-14 has showers (hope I have this right). The one with the nice view, formerly Biz Elite club, does NOT have showers.
True. What I'll do for a TATL departure is grab a shower in E14 and then hang out in E15.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by underpressure
I recall (from experience) the BE lounge also being used as a contract lounge for other airlines.

There were days when I was in there that there were more non BE customers than BE customers.
Who exactly would use it? BA and Lufthansa have their own lounges in Atlanta, and Air France/KLM/Korean/Aeromexico passengers sitting up front or E+ would have access to the SCs due to E+ on int'l itinerary or SkyTeam ticket up front.

Are there any other non-SkyTeam international carriers left in Atlanta now (besides BA/LH)? I think JM left a while ago, but I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16)

Originally Posted by MemphisQueen
I submit another vote for E15 - same reasons. Usually less crowded while the E14 is standaing room only....which leads to cleaner, quieter, etc.
+2. E15 is often MUCH less crowded.

Last edited by Denolloyd; Aug 17, 2009 at 8:59 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.