Wiki Posts
Search

MQM 1.5X or 1X

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2009, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Amex Platinum, Amex Platinum
MQM 1.5X or 1X

I apologize to be posting on this issue again but I am thoroughly confused about my MQM credit for my upcoming flight. I am flying CO in BF (A) and using my DL skymiles account. When I called sm customer service I was told that I will receive 100% base mileage and 150% MQM. I was told by some FT'ers that this is not the case but the website seems to state that sm customer service was correct. I am concerned because this will put me much closer to gold if I get the MQM that I believe I am due.

Here is the quote from the DL site:

Continental
Cabin Fare Class MQM Formula
500-mile minimum Total MQM Earned
First, Business, Coach/Economy A, B, C, D, F, J, Y, Z 500 x 1.5 750
Coach/Economy (discounted) G, H, K, M, Q, U, V 500 x 1 500
Coach/Economy (deeply-discounted) E, L, N, S, T, W 500 x 0.5 250
Note: All other classes of service do not accrue mileage. This chart applies only when traveling on Continental Airlines-coded flights operated by SkyTeam partners.

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 17, 2009, 8:20 am

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
I think the confusion was caused by the different mileage rates for redeemable and medallion-qualifying miles. RDMs for A fares seem to be at 100% but MQMs are at 150%

there is another chart showing the redeemable mileage earning
located on
http://skymilesoffers.delta.com/airl...hp#continental

from there, you get the following

Continental
Continental Continental offers:10

Economy Class: General members will receive actual miles flown. Medallions will receive 500 miles or actual miles flown, whichever is greater
Business Class: 150% of mileage
First Class: 150% of mileage

To reserve a flight now, visit Continental.

Mileage will be credited under the following terms:

Class-of-service bonuses are awarded based on the fare purchased. Exception: Flights not offering Business or First Class service earn Economy Class credit. Valid and/or invalid classes are subject to change without prior notice. Delta/Delta Connection: Mileage credit is applicable only when ticket reflects a DL-designated flight number.

10Continental Airlines:
Mileage may be earned on Continental-coded flights operated by Continental, Commute Air (CO 8635–8797 only), Continental Micronesia, Chautauqua, or any SkyTeam partner. Travel on Cape Air, Colgan Air, Commutair, Gulfstream International, and Regions Air is ineligible for mileage accrual. Mileage credit is not applicable for fares booked in R, O, I, X, CN, CU, AN, KN, XN, or YN class. 150% of mileage applies only to F, C, D, J, and Z class only.

edit: at least you get a nice flight I hear BF is a very very decent hard and soft product

Last edited by goodandclassy; Aug 17, 2009 at 2:57 pm
Old Aug 17, 2009, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Amex Platinum, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by goodandclassy
located on

Continental
Continental Continental offers:10

Economy Class: General members will receive actual miles flown. Medallions will receive 500 miles or actual miles flown, whichever is greater
Business Class: 150% of mileage
First Class: 150% of mileage

To reserve a flight now, visit Continental.

Mileage will be credited under the following terms:

Class-of-service bonuses are awarded based on the fare purchased. Exception: Flights not offering Business or First Class service earn Economy Class credit. Valid and/or invalid classes are subject to change without prior notice. Delta/Delta Connection: Mileage credit is applicable only when ticket reflects a DL-designated flight number.

10Continental Airlines:
Mileage may be earned on Continental-coded flights operated by Continental, Commute Air (CO 86358797 only), Continental Micronesia, Chautauqua, or any SkyTeam partner. Travel on Cape Air, Colgan Air, Commutair, Gulfstream International, and Regions Air is ineligible for mileage accrual. Mileage credit is not applicable for fares booked in R, O, I, X, CN, CU, AN, KN, XN, or YN class. 150% of mileage applies only to F, C, D, J, and Z class only.
Thank you for that information. But as a matter of fact I am only interested in the MQM, not the redeemable mileage.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Don't know where on FT you got your information, but you will earn 1.5X
Old Aug 17, 2009, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by goodandclassy
I think the confusion was caused by the different mileage rates for redeemable and medallion-qualifying miles. RDMs for A fares seem to be at 100% but MQMs are at 150%

located on

10Continental Airlines:
Mileage may be earned on Continental-coded flights operated by Continental, Commute Air (CO 86358797 only), Continental Micronesia, Chautauqua, or any SkyTeam partner. Travel on Cape Air, Colgan Air, Commutair, Gulfstream International, and Regions Air is ineligible for mileage accrual. Mileage credit is not applicable for fares booked in R, O, I, X, CN, CU, AN, KN, XN, or YN class. 150% of mileage applies only to F, C, D, J, and Z class only.

edit: at least you get a nice flight I hear BF is a very very decent hard and soft product
Unrelated to OP, but thanks for posting this! I have a DCA-EWR R/T on labor day weekend that is operated by Colgan Air. Didn't realize until now that I wouldn't earn ANY mileage for these flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.