Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Getting off your flight a leg early? skymiles punishment?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting off your flight a leg early? skymiles punishment?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2009, 10:11 pm

Programs: DL Diamond. LT SkyClub, AGR, passport
I have requested my bags be sent to the baggage claim area to retrieve an item at a connection point. It worked out fine, in a matter of minutes my bags came to the baggage claim. This was at MSP.

If you are planning to remove the tag on an international flight, you must do so prior to getting to the TSA (otherwise you will hear "once a checked bag, always a checked bag.") This happen to me, I was taking the connection flight, but perferred to carryon the the small bag rather than have to wait for it at the next airport baggage claim.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by mersk862
any revenue difference that was charged is justifiable for you trying to break the contract.
No, actually DL litigated and lost that argument (apparently on summary judgment, too), almost nine years ago. They (and the other carriers, let's not single out DL) just have no incentive in you knowing that their rules don't pass legal scrutiny. In 2004, the ARC (a settlement company for travel agencies' transactions) committed to no longer cooperating with airline attempts to enforce these ticket-usage rules via debiting its member agencies. They committed to do so in settlement of the class action that is, even today, moseying along in the federal courts.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 10:40 pm

interesting responses from all

Originally Posted by CarolDisney1
By doing this you are not fufilling YOUR part of the contract. Since you are a business student I assume you have had a business law class.
Yes, as a matter of fact I have, with a concentration in online contracts. But if a Supreme Court Justice endorses throw away ticketing, so do I (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/omni/...ticketing.html)

Originally Posted by mersk862
You entered a contract with Delta to transport you from San Francisco to Jacksonville, not Atlanta.
I can respect the competition argument. But in the end I'm costing DL less money in fuel, provisions and crew expenditures, NOT MORE so I fail to see a real argument for them if it comes to a credit card issue.

Originally Posted by mdb
Actually that is not correct. Once the agent said it was an FAA regulation - one can say they violated the contract by LYING.
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
The original DL agent LIED TO HIM by claiming non-existent FAA regulation prevented him from short-checking the bags. He then LIED FURTHER TO HIM by claiming his laptop bag was too large to get through the TSA checkpoint. Zero integrity there. I really can't stand people who lie.
I'm well versed in aviation regulation be it the FAA's or DL's so for any of these professionals to lie to me was beyond idiotic. To a first time flyer I'm sure they could get away with whatever rule they wanted to make up. But to an aviation management student with 300K+ flown miles on DL alone is just a mistake.

As I said before, if DL truly wants to injure the hand that feeds, they've got my credit card # and it'll be the last time they ever use it.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 3:33 am

Programs: DL Gold, CO Silver
Is *your* onward flight full ?
Would be a nice one to get bumped from !
Old Aug 18, 2009, 4:04 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi Buster,

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
In ATL, can't you just rip the tags off your bag and when you go to re-check them to landside, just drop them off on the landside belt?
Actually, the agents at the landside belt will want to see a tag, as they need it to determine on which belt and terminal your bag will be delivered. So ATL is one airport where it gets more complicated.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.