Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATL-JNB World Cup

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2009, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

ATL-JNB World Cup

I was looking at flights for 2 to head over to Johannesburg 2 days ago and they were ~$1700 for 06/25/10 - 07/05/10 and now it's going for ~$3700 - nonstop both ways

both flights are still wide open - is it worth waiting a few days to see if it drops back down or to go ahead and book now before it gets even crazier

my schedule is somewhat flexible in that I have tickets to 2 games 06/27 and 07/02 and just need to be there then - it looks like if I were to leave on 06/23 and return on 07/03 then the price is ~$2200

any advice would be helpful - thanks
Old Aug 12, 2009, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
I would wait. Also, check with travel agents or travel packages. I think you'll find fares much lower than what you're seeing. As I've mentioned before, DL's prices start high further, usually fall and then head back up closer to departure.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Thanks - We'll watch the # of seats and see how it goes
Old Aug 13, 2009, 7:42 am

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by OmarBadu
I was looking at flights for 2 to head over to Johannesburg 2 days ago and they were ~$1700 for 06/25/10 - 07/05/10 and now it's going for ~$3700 - nonstop both ways

both flights are still wide open - is it worth waiting a few days to see if it drops back down or to go ahead and book now before it gets even crazier

my schedule is somewhat flexible in that I have tickets to 2 games 06/27 and 07/02 and just need to be there then - it looks like if I were to leave on 06/23 and return on 07/03 then the price is ~$2200

any advice would be helpful - thanks
If you're in the $3000+ range, you might as well fly in Business Elite. I'll be going there before the World Cup to run the Comrades marathon, and it'll cost me $4000 to fly BE. (I'm flying out of DCA.) There are "I" seats available on your days of travel.

If you want to fly Y, you should comparing other airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.