Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What was on "The List"?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2009, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by thesaints

Is this bidding process a NW thing ?
It has been - I'm wondering if DLBeno, zsmith2 or another one of the DL employees could tell us if NW is using the new DL $400-600 rules that just came out, or if they're still doing their own thing.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by mersk862
It has been - I'm wondering if DLBeno, zsmith2 or another one of the DL employees could tell us if NW is using the new DL $400-600 rules that just came out, or if they're still doing their own thing.
Working the NW side of the concourse...it's "supposed" to start at a 100 dollar voucher and progress from there. In CVG...we just go to 300...and it hasn't been a problem. To answer the original question....No..we don't use the DL amounts. Maybe someone in another city could tell us their method.

Last edited by OHDL1; Aug 11, 2009 at 1:06 pm Reason: spelling...
Old Aug 11, 2009, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by OHDL1
Working the NW side of the concourse...it's "supposed" to start at a 100 dollar voucher and progress from there. In CVG...we just go to 300...and it hasn't been a problem. To answer the original question....No..we don't use the DL amounts. Maybe someone in another city could tell us their method.
At our city, we use the DL numbers regardless of the flight--NW/DL. Makes for a more consistent system and makes it easier for the GA dealing with the oversold flight.

Now, in terms of the OP's question regarding the "list": basically, the list was a connection list of all of the passengers on a given flight and probably next to a person's name the name of a direct flight on OAL. So, it expedites the process much better say to just take a person going CLE-CVG-SDF and put them on a direct to SDF and give them the DBC money.

We do this in our city as well and I know of other cities where this is done. Usually not done in hubs but in outstations with good OAL protection.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 3:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by SomeGuy
Without asking, the agent did give me $400. I wasn't looking for it, because I was actually really needing to get home early, so I was just happy for the non-stop.

And I did ask for Original Routing Credit, the request has apparently been sent to the SkyMiles service center.

Still wondering what the list was.
All "the list" is, is a print out of the flight information by passenger. This allows the roaming agent to give some sort of information without being at a computer, or direct you to he approprate agent.

Recently I was re-booked, and they told me the new flight info, and said I could go to the gate and get my new boarding pass. Thus saving time for me, and spreading out the workload to the gate agent.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 5:41 pm

Programs: DL, Southwest, HHonors, Marriott Rewards,
Originally Posted by RobOnLI

I'm guessing they did this because it's a hell of a lot harder to bump people at the gate who have checked their luggage. I still don't know why DL is so uptight about this rule..."You must fly with your luggage." Many other airlines have sort of gotten over this and are more happy to move you around to different flights if it suits their needs, checked luggage or not.

-RM
I've flown a couple of times without my luggage on Delta. Most recently out of DCA. My original itinerary had a connection in Atlanta. I wanted to SDC to an earlier direct flight. No seats opened up for standbys at the gate so I ended up on my original flights. My bag went on the direct flight and was waiting for me in the baggage office when I got home.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Hopefully the TA relayed the information to the gate agent about it so the agent could do a proper closeout for the flight. This is the problem with expanding the process to the TA b/c things are not reported correctly. Also, I've never seen blue paper.....but pretty certain it was flight loads and ET lists.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by DLBeno
At our city, we use the DL numbers regardless of the flight--NW/DL. Makes for a more consistent system and makes it easier for the GA dealing with the oversold flight.
FYI "these changes will not apply to NW operated or NW cross-fleeted flights"
Old Aug 11, 2009, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL DM 2MM, MC LT Titanium, IHG Spire, HY Glbist
Originally Posted by DLBeno
Now, in terms of the OP's question regarding the "list": basically, the list was a connection list of all of the passengers on a given flight and probably next to a person's name the name of a direct flight on OAL. So, it expedites the process much better say to just take a person going CLE-CVG-SDF and put them on a direct to SDF and give them the DBC money.
Direct or non-stop? This drives me crazy hearing it from someone working for a carrier. Worse is hearing "it's a direct non-stop"...which is it, direct or non-stop?
Old Aug 11, 2009, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by bonzaiflyer
Direct or non-stop? This drives me crazy hearing it from someone working for a carrier. Worse is hearing "it's a direct non-stop"...which is it, direct or non-stop?
It can be either or. Also it can be both but usually referred to one rather than both.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 8:29 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL DM 2MM, MC LT Titanium, IHG Spire, HY Glbist
Originally Posted by zsmith2
It can be either or. Also it can be both but usually referred to one rather than both.
No it can't. A non-stop flight goes from point a to point b without stopping. A direct flight goes from point a to point b also, but leaves point a, stops at point c (and possibly d, e, f, etc) and continues to point b. There could also be a change of gauge at one of the stops, but the flight number doesn't change.

For example, DL 75 operates MXP-ATL-MIA. MXP to MIA would be a direct flight. MXP to ATL is non stop, as is ATL-MIA. There's also a change of a/c in ATL, going from a 767 to a MD88.

Industry terminology wise, to say it's a direct flight implies a stop enroute.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 2:17 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by stilloutthere
They don't have to pay you unless you are going to arrive at your destination more than two hours later. If they wait until boarding, they offer compensation to keep passengers happy. So the pre-emptive rebooking saves them money and passenger aggravation, since passengers have more notice. If the airline can rebook enough people, the flight probably won't be overbooked at the gate and there will be no compensation.
Not exactly. Only for IDB are they not required to pay if you are going to arrive more than 2 hours late. For VDB, airlines almost always give some sort of voucher for taking a different flight. OP was VDB'd. You are not required to be VDB'd. One time DL tried to switch me w/o compensation to a different flight ex DTW. Even rebooked me and printed a boarding pass. I refused and requested my original flight and boarding pass, since I was hoping to be VDB'd. She complied. Unfortunately I was not bumped.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.