Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Atlanta to Billings, MT, a 4 hour flight on a CRJ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Atlanta to Billings, MT, a 4 hour flight on a CRJ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2009, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by TTT
$500 into BZN isn't too bad actually. There have been times where I have paid more than $800 domestically. Of course you can fly to Europe from BZN for less than $750. Go figure.
Next time I am flying from BZN to WAS, JFK, MSP, or ATL, I'll be sure to check those LON fares too for a cheaper hidden city ticket!
Old Jul 29, 2009, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by mizzou miles
DL added this flight specifically to placate the politicians from MT who were concerned that if NW and DL merged, the new DL would dramatically reduce service to MT. This flight was added to show that DL was going to enhance service to small MT cities, not cut it. We'll see how long this flight sticks around...
And now Delta is cutting some of the old NW flights from MSP!
Old Jul 29, 2009, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
Originally Posted by SamOF
I don't know, but this certainly seems plausible to me.

I may be a distinct minority, but I'd pick a CRJ-900 over anything mainline. In coach, there's no middle seat but the seats are still pretty comfy. In F, you have a shot at four hours of what is both an aisle and a window seat, which beats a mainline F seat for me.
I agree with this statement almost 100%. 76x is the only mainline that I would take over a CR7/CR9 as an FO with a 15-20 % chance of an upgrade. The exit rows are some of the best in the fleet and 2 flight attendants provide a good cabin service.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by GrizShel
And now Delta is cutting some of the old NW flights from MSP!
Every major U.S. airline - Delta, American, United, Continental, Southwest, US, JetBlue, Alaska/Horizon, and AirTran - operated fewer revenue passenger miles 1st half 2009 than they did first half 2008. Every > single > one. It's not DL hate for MSP that's leading to flight losses - it's industry-wide capacity reductions due to the economics of flying.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Every major U.S. airline - Delta, American, United, Continental, Southwest, US, JetBlue, Alaska/Horizon, and AirTran - operated fewer revenue passenger miles 1st half 2009 than they did first half 2008. Every > single > one. It's not DL hate for MSP that's leading to flight losses - it's industry-wide capacity reductions due to the economics of flying.
Well, I'm surprised that they have added flights routed through CVG and SLC and also nonstops from ATL to the inland NW cities. More travel time for the customer, less convenient schedules, and higher operating costs to Delta than the traditional MSP connections - or so it seems to me.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 7:04 pm

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
Originally Posted by AGS
Most definitely. But the BIL flight is much cheaper, by nearly a factor of three. We're staying at Mammoth, so BZN would be much more convenient. At this point, I'm just weighing the options.

AGS
Horizon has service to MMH. Maybe you should check them out as well.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 7:04 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Well, I'm surprised that they have added flights routed through CVG and SLC and also nonstops from ATL to the inland NW cities. More travel time for the customer, less convenient schedules, and higher operating costs to Delta than the traditional MSP connections - or so it seems to me.
But you get more connecting cities. Not every hub serves every city. I do nto like the long CRJ flights like Delta does but understand the logic.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 7:33 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
The BZN and FCA flights were starting with a subsidy by the local chambers for the first season but they have managed to stay for a few years now as well as increase frequency.

One thing I have noticed, however, is that SLC-East Coast frequencies have been reduced so there are fewer one-stop itineraries to some mid-west cities on Delta metal.

MSP, of course, offers great connections and travel times from the east coast to to the and west coast.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
I personally consider the 900's to be equivalent in comfort to the mainline jets. But, I don't mind the 200's much either. Done the MSP-XNA route on the NW 200 a couple times, didn't get to sit in F, but was otherwise fine.

Note that, pitch for pitch, if the back seat cushion is 1" smaller, that's an extra inch of legroom!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.