Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My Favorite from the Snack Basket

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2009, 4:44 am

Mmm bagel chips...of course the only thing missing with that would be that I prefer a slightly salty, garlicky bagel chip with some hummus on the side.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I miss the Toblerone NW used to have in the basket. I also miss the Milano cookies in the WorldClub. It's nice to see DL having bananas!
Old Jun 7, 2009, 8:44 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
I do miss the Sun Chips, but the pretzel crisps are fine. I have seen them at Publix recently also.

Like others have said, the bananas and apples are a welcome addition.

As far as the Biscoff cookies go, they've pretty much become a signature Delta offering. But now that they're available at grocery stores, they no longer have the special hard-to-find mystique about them anymore. And because I can buy them at the grocery store any time I want, I never do.

Kind of like Girl Scout cookies. If they were available year-round, I'd probably never buy them knowing that I could buy them whenever. But since they only come around once a year, stock up!

But I may be the only one that misses the Old Colony animal crackers. They had those a couple of years back. Tasty!

Wouldn't mind if they rotated items every once in a while.

Last edited by 18sas; Jun 7, 2009 at 8:52 am
Old Jun 7, 2009, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
So if they are following the NW model on the snack basket, the items will rotate each season. I miss the Bagel Chips (esp the cinnamen sugar ones for breakfast)
I think you mean the Stacy's Pita Chips. I miss those as well. They seemed to come and go in the NW snack basket, but I haven't seen them in awhile.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 10:35 am

Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
I don't mind the pretzel crisps, but I do miss Sun Chips as well as the Chocolate Chip Granola Bars. When the flight was too short for a breakfast service, a granola bar, a banana, and a Bailey's & coffee was an adequate breakfast substitute.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 5:01 pm

I always get one TWIX, bring it home, put it in my pantry and NEVER eat it. I use it as proof that I have total self control on my new diet. (If you're wondering, by the time I take my next trip the old TRIX is always gone, proof that my wife is eating them, my cat has learned to open the pantry or I have been eating them while I sleep walk. Actually, I'm betting on the cat.)
Old Jun 7, 2009, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by upgrader
I always get one TWIX, bring it home, put it in my pantry and NEVER eat it. I use it as proof that I have total self control on my new diet. (If you're wondering, by the time I take my next trip the old TRIX is always gone, proof that my wife is eating them, my cat has learned to open the pantry or I have been eating them while I sleep walk. Actually, I'm betting on the cat.)
If someone is killed in your house....the butler did it!
If some jewlery is stolen from your house....the maid did it!

BUT

If the twix is eaten before your next flight...DEFINITELY THE CAT!
Old Jun 7, 2009, 8:33 pm

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
I am a fan of the apples and banannas. and a banana/biscoff 'sandwich' is kind of amazing and a sugar attack. both of those are good things with your morning tea

i do miss the sun chips, but with the $4.50 super bag at costco i tihnk i will be aok without it as a snack option
the pretzels are aok as a substitute.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
So while at Cub Foods here in the Minneapolis suberbs tonight, as I walk to the deli, I pass by about 4 different types of the Pretzel Crisps, with a bag (a little bit smaller than a large bag of chips that one might bring to a picnic) selling for $3.49. Since it's been 12 days since I've been on a plane, I was tempted to get a bag to relive the glory of sitting on a plane for 3 hours.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mersk862
...I was tempted to get a bag to relive the glory of sitting on a plane for 3 hours.
You "relive the glory of sitting on a plane for 3 hours" only by the act of actually sitting on a plane for 3 hours, munching your favorite from that basket.

In my case, it will depend on the time of day. In the morning I will go for the fruit, in the afternoon the pretzel crisps or the peanuts to tide me over until dinner, and in the evening, the Twix to replace the dessert I did not have at dinner (so that I would be keeping the calories down ).
Old Jun 7, 2009, 10:37 pm

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
Miss the Sunchips. Like the pretzel crisps, but not as much.

Twix are a nice addition, and, if you read labels, not all that bad for you, probably due to the portion size.

Biscoffs are the old reliable and, to answer OP's question, my favorite since the mid 90s. Will always associate that distinctive taste with DL, and, as mentioned in other threads, they are truly phenomenal with nutella!
Old Jun 7, 2009, 11:06 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
I actually like the pretzel crisps a bunch and you don't see them everywhere.

Considering that the vending machine at work has sun chips, I like them, but I know I can can get them anywhere pretty easily.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 8:25 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
The Fancy Nut Mix with sesame sticks, cashews, almonds, and NO peanuts.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GrizShel
The Fancy Nut Mix with sesame sticks, cashews, almonds, and NO peanuts.
And that you get where?
Old Jun 8, 2009, 9:41 am

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
are you talking the 'gourmet nuts' mix offered on the premium transcons?
wait.. there are no sesame sticks there...
but there are almonds

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.