Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A New Low for the New Delta

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2009, 8:41 am

Programs: Delta Diamond Charter Member/1.8MM, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by tgtg
Well, what a morning at TPA. Over a messed up reservation issue, the agent at the FC counter leaned over the counter and in a low voice told my wife, "No, I don't give a $*@% about your business."

The supervisor (no Station Manager on duty), looked over and said that this was a NW issue and not Delta, so he couldn't do anything and walked away.

Both Mrs. tgtg and I are both Gold for many years...looks like the final straw and we are walking away, too.

Time to burn the 600,000+ miles and find some other friendly skies to fly.

-=tg=-

P.S. It's not the economy, stupid...
OP, you are very vague. What's a "messed up reservation issue"? You do come off like you have a sense of "entitlement". Even though I'm PM I would never come across with that attitude. I still believe what goes around, comes around and grateful for upgrades.
Old May 26, 2009, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by sxf24
That type of treatment is unacceptable and would be the final straw for most people. Unfortunately, I don't think you're going to find consistently better employees (particularly ground staff) anywhere, except perhaps Southwest.
I'd prefer to stay away from the "Bus with Wings".

At least we have other options for "real" airlines.
Old May 26, 2009, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
That type of treatment is unacceptable and would be the final straw for most people. Unfortunately, I don't think you're going to find consistently better employees (particularly ground staff) anywhere, except perhaps Southwest.

I resent that as having flown Skybus in the past (but, it was *that* bad)
Old May 26, 2009, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still PAL Premier Elite & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tonypct
Agree that DL owns the culture but it's the NW reputation for poor FA and GA service that concerns me the most. My biggest issue throughout this whole merger has always been that the NW culture will drag down the DL culture. If that happens, I'm gone from DL too.
Please keep in mind that for D.O.T. quality ratings for 2008, Delta & its regionals dominated the bottom quarter of the chart. NW ranked much higher.

I've also heard from very reliable inside source that company-wide distributions of internal performance metrics (on-times, etc.) were stopped after NW kept coming out on top all the time.

NW's alleged poor performance is mostly a myth propagated by non-NW flyers, littled based in facts. The only real target you can aim at is the low in-flight service standards which resulted in zero, zip, nada for those in Y. After a brief flourish & pretense of restoring snacks in Y, DL is now quietly reducing/eliminating inflights services w/ no public warning to its customer base.

Originally Posted by DeltaFirst
OP, you are very vague. What's a "messed up reservation issue"? ....
I've had quite a number of them over the years. Most resulted from Delta's incessant schedule changes every three weeks which were not properly resolved prior to departure. Even worse have been schedule changes on the NW side which leave a flight completely geflimmixed. Both require dead time at the check-in counter to resolve. NW issues often required calls to the NW ticketing folks to deal with. Sounds like perhaps the DL check-in agent just weren't up to the snuff for the job that morning.

Last edited by MikeMpls; May 26, 2009 at 1:01 pm
Old May 26, 2009, 1:00 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
What kind of inflight services are Delta eliminating? I didn't know they got rid of snacks in Y - never even heard of that.

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Please keep in mind that for D.O.T. quality ratings for 2008, Delta & its regionals dominated the bottom quarter of the chart. NW ranked much higher.

I've also heard from very reliable inside source that company-wide distributions of internal performance metrics (on-times, etc.) were stopped after NW kept coming out on top all the time.

NW's alleged poor performance is mostly a myth propagated by non-NW flyers, littled based in facts. The only real target you can aim at is the low in-flight service standards which resulted in zero, zip, nada for those in Y. After a brief flourish & pretense of restoring snacks in Y, DL is now quietly reducing/eliminating inflights services w/ no public warning to its customer base.
Old May 26, 2009, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Andy1369
What kind of inflight services are Delta eliminating? I didn't know they got rid of snacks in Y - never even heard of that.
From most of the NW hubs hot meals are gone. On some shorter routes that had full service have been down graded. Since NW's hubs and focus cities were in the middle of the country the service standards reflected that. DL is Coast centric and the service rules reflect that.
Old May 26, 2009, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still PAL Premier Elite & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Andy1369
No inflight service under 250 miles, no hot meals in F < 1500 miles, Hawaii F service downgraded to domestic standards.

Say byebye to omelettes, embrace Cheerios when you're "lucky".

The last 3 weekends we've flown on CO, DL/WN, CO respectively. The difference is quite distinctive. CO is in F is a better than what NW once was, let alone what it is becoming.
Old May 26, 2009, 1:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT

When was the last time you've flown WN? On domestic routes where it offers non-stop service, WN is far and away superior to any other airlines' coach product.
Old May 26, 2009, 1:22 pm

Not sure how this topic got turned into another generic DL sucks thread, but pretty soon you all are going to have me taking DL's side on these issues. I actually kind of feel a little sorry for them already, LOL.

Maybe all of the stuff everyone is wringing their hands about comes back to one reality: there's probably a reason DL bought NW and not the other way around.
Old May 26, 2009, 1:23 pm
Suspended

No inflight service under 250 miles, no hot meals in F < 1500 miles, Hawaii F service downgraded to domestic standards.

Say byebye to omelettes, embrace Cheerios when you're "lucky".

The last 3 weekends we've flown on CO, DL/WN, CO respectively. The difference is quite distinctive. CO is in F is a better than what NW once was, let alone what it is becoming.
There is still inflight service in F on flights under 250 miles. If you can't survive in coach without a drink for less than an hour, you have a problem. Also, Hawaii F service was never up to WBC standards.

CO F has always been better than DL or NW. CO can afford to do this because it has hubs in two of the strongest markets for paid premium travel.
Old May 26, 2009, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.950MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by KNRG
Tampa should have combined in late April if i recall the scheduled date properly.
They were combined when I flew into TPA in early May.

Originally Posted by RSSrsvp
IMHO the proper approach to a situation like this is to record the names of the agents involved and write a letter to DL's CEO office with details of what transpired. @:-)
^^

David
Old May 26, 2009, 1:35 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
When was the last time you've flown WN? On domestic routes where it offers non-stop service, WN is far and away superior to any other airlines' coach product.
I would totally disagree!
Old May 26, 2009, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Because I live in SAN, I fly it at least twice a month because they are so dominant on the routings here in the southwest.

I'd say their chairs are nice and that's about it. No entertainment, no first-class, no meals (even for purchase). Seriously, stop going into other airline threads and talking about Southworst.
Old May 26, 2009, 2:30 pm

Completely false.

I can pull up metrics for both carriers--either separately or in a combined fashion.

These metrics are updated daily and encompass the entire worldwide operation.

Get your facts straight.

-b-
Old May 26, 2009, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DLBeno
Completely false.

I can pull up metrics for both carriers--either separately or in a combined fashion.

These metrics are updated daily and encompass the entire worldwide operation.

Get your facts straight.

-b-
Being able to "pull up" the metrics does not mean that their open distribution was not curtailed.

But since you can "pull up" the metrics, do they disagree with the substantive portion of my posting, namely that the NW metrics were better?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.