Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Online Booking Bonus is back - 500 miles per booking until May 31, 2009

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Online Booking Bonus is back - 500 miles per booking until May 31, 2009

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2009, 12:02 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
DL/NW should make the online booking bonus for bookings on both www.nwa.com AND www.delta.com .

For example, I'm a DL Skymiles Medallion member who booked a ticket on nwa.com for NW flights (I couldn't make the same combination work properly using delta.com). But since I didn't book on delta.com, I won't get the 500 bonus Skymiles.
Old May 4, 2009, 10:39 am

Programs: delta.com leader
chrisny2--you can book on NWA.com and earn WorldPerks miles for your NWA.com booking, which you can then transfer to your SkyMiles account (and the accounts will be merged soon anyway!)....you can also book most NWA flights at delta.com...thx--Josh
Old May 4, 2009, 7:32 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by DeltaWebGuy
chrisny2--you can book on NWA.com and earn WorldPerks miles for your NWA.com booking, which you can then transfer to your SkyMiles account (and the accounts will be merged soon anyway!)....you can also book most NWA flights at delta.com...thx--Josh
Yes, but then I wouldn't get my Delta Medallion bonus miles.
Old May 13, 2009, 7:40 am

does anyone know when the bonus miles are supposed to post? from delta's T&C:
Terms & Conditions for bonus offer:

Promotional enrollment is not required. Earn 500 bonus miles for each flown round-trip (250 miles for each one-way) Delta or Northwest coded flight purchased at delta.com. Tickets must be purchased between April 28, 2009 and May 31, 2009 for travel anytime. Bonus applies only to the SkyMiles member flying and purchasing the qualifying ticket at delta.com.
the last time they had a bonus like this (purchasing flights with an amex card), i think they posted within a couple days, although i can't be sure.
Old May 13, 2009, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by crabbing
the last time they had a bonus like this (purchasing flights with an amex card), i think they posted within a couple days, although i can't be sure.
I've booked several trips since the bonus was started up and have yet to see anything post.
Old May 13, 2009, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by bearcat74
I've booked several trips since the bonus was started up and have yet to see anything post.
Me either.
Has anyone received the bonus?
Rules say 6 weeks after it is over
Terms & Conditions
Eligibility: Promotional enrollment is not required. To participate in this offer, eligible members must have a SkyMiles® account with a U.S. address. Bonus Offer: Earn 500 bonus miles for each flown round-trip qualifying ticket (250 bonus miles for each one way ticket) purchased at delta.com. A qualifying ticket includes any Delta or Northwest coded flight purchased at delta.com. Flights must be sold under the DL or NW code. Bonus miles do not count toward Medallion® or Million Miler™ status. Bonus applies only to the SkyMiles member flying and purchasing the qualifying ticket at delta.com. Purchase Period: Tickets must be purchased between April 28, 2009 and May 31, 2009 for travel anytime. Best Fare Guarantee: Best Fare Guarantee is valid for electronic tickets purchased by credit card with a United States billing address at delta.com for travel originating in the 50 United States. Voucher offer only applies for lower published Delta fares found that same day for the exact same itinerary including the exact same Delta flight, cabin, booking class and flight time of the itinerary purchased at delta.com. Difference in total fares (including third party booking fees) must be equal to or greater than $10. Cancellation/refund request must be made by midnight the first day of travel or midnight the day after purchase is made, whichever comes first. For a voucher claim to be valid, it must satisfy all terms and conditions and be submitted in compliance with the claims processing procedures. Fares, offers and rules are subject to change without notice. Additional restrictions apply. Visit delta.com/bestfare for additional details Additional Restrictions: Bonus miles will post to the SkyMiles account of the qualifying member 4-6 weeks following the end of the promotion (May 31, 2009). Taxes and fees for Award Travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Award Travel seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit Membership Guide & Program Rules. Offer void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply. Offer subject to change. Please refer Delta customer service representative to 970639
Old Jul 2, 2009, 11:28 am

Programs: DL Plat AA Gold Airtran Elite HH Diamond Marriott Plat *Wood Plat
Mystery (sort of) 9M DL.COM BK miles posting

I just had 750 miles post under the title "9M DL.COM BK". My best guess is this is the recently ended 500 miles per ticket booked online bonus, but then how is it not a multiple of 500? i don't remember the T&C's saying you only got half for a 1-way, but i'm pretty sure i booked a 1-way during that period so this is the most likely explanation. anyone have a better recollection of the T&C's?
Old Jul 2, 2009, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
I got 750 as well - 500 for a r/t MSP-ATL-MSP, 250 for a o/w MSP-ATL.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 11:54 am

What promotion is this: 9M DL.COM BK

Any ideas? 1000 miles just posted on my acct.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Online booking bonus: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...s-posting.html
Old Jul 2, 2009, 11:59 am

Thanks. I didn't see the prior post.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 3:48 pm

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
Looks like I win the prize since I came in with 5500 bonus miles from this promotion.Thanks, Delta!

I think that maybe it is the BOOBY PRIZE for flying way too much!

I am grateful for these bonus miles so THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, Jeff and Company!
Old Jul 2, 2009, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by RunawayNFly
Looks like I win the prize since I came in with 5500 bonus miles from this promotion.Thanks, Delta!

I think that maybe it is the BOOBY PRIZE for flying way too much!

I am grateful for these bonus miles so THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, Jeff and Company!
Actually it's all an underhanded scheme- They see you're already well past 2mm, so they want to give you lots of RDM's, get you to fly lots of award travel so you don't achieve 4mm. That way they'll save money by not giving you all those extra benefits.

Old Jul 2, 2009, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by mersk862
I got 750 as well - 500 for a r/t MSP-ATL-MSP, 250 for a o/w MSP-ATL.
It is 250 miles per OW or 500 RT is for DL.COM booking bonus.

Promotional enrollment is not required. Earn 500 bonus miles for each flown round-trip (250 miles for each one-way) Delta or Northwest coded flight purchased at delta.com. Tickets must be purchased between April 28, 2009 and May 31, 2009 for travel anytime. Bonus applies only to the SkyMiles member flying and purchasing the qualifying ticket at delta.com. No enrollment is required..
Old Jul 2, 2009, 8:08 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
9m dl.com bk

I searched and found thousands of results but none of them were about 9M DL.COM BK

I just checked my account and say 1500 bonus miles added to my account.

No idea why I am guessing its from the 500 miles for booking on delta.com but I am not 100% sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.