Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Online Booking Bonus is back - 500 miles per booking until May 31, 2009

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Online Booking Bonus is back - 500 miles per booking until May 31, 2009

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2009, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
Thumbs up Online Booking Bonus is back - 500 miles per booking until May 31, 2009

Just received in my inbox:

Dear Mr. bearcat74,

You now have 500 reasons to buy your next ticket at delta.com.

Earn up to 500 bonus miles on all flights you book at delta.com between April 28 and May 31, 2009. No enrollment is required!

And if that isn't enough incentive, remember that delta.com always offers:
• No direct ticketing charges or online travel agency booking fees
• Our Best Fare Guarantee, which ensures you get the best Delta fares on the web or your money back
• Flexible searches by schedule, fare or airport
• Seamless flight, car and hotel reservations
• Real-time flight notifications
Plus, don't forget that you always earn a minimum of 500 miles on all paid Delta and Northwest Airlines® flights.

Your destination is waiting - and so are your miles. Book your next trip at delta.com today.

Visit delta.com for merger information and the inside scoop at blog.delta.com. And don't forget to check out all the ways to check in, including our new airport self-service kiosk. Try it before you fly with our interactive online demo and learn tips to get you gate-side in no time.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Too bad its only until May 31st. It is very possible that they might extend the offer, however.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Eh. I wonder why they are doing this. Someone from NW, did/does NW have an online booking bonus?
Old Apr 28, 2009, 8:39 am

Programs: AA Gold, MR Plat
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Eh. I wonder why they are doing this. Someone from NW, did/does NW have an online booking bonus?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/north...09-e-mail.html
Old Apr 28, 2009, 9:24 am

Now only if they were MQM's...
Old Apr 28, 2009, 9:30 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Diamond, US Dirt, Hertz PC
...and if only I hadn't booked 3 flights yesterday...!
Old Apr 28, 2009, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by l1fe
...and if only I hadn't booked 3 flights yesterday...!
Well you've got 24 hours to cancel... if you've still got time you could always cancel and rebook them...

By the way, Delta if you're listening out there, I have a great idea. Slap USAir in the face by offering 500 miles to those who pay for baggage online, so not only are you not charging a pointless fee, you're making them look dumb from a PR standpoint! (and making my job easier!)
Old Apr 28, 2009, 9:44 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
I think it is because these websites like Expedia and Priceline are not charging extra to use their systems. I know I have been using expedia to get credit back from fatwallet instead of booking on DL.cmo
Old Apr 28, 2009, 10:05 am

Programs: DL PM / MM, Nat'l EE
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
I think it is because these websites like Expedia and Priceline are not charging extra to use their systems. I know I have been using expedia to get credit back from fatwallet instead of booking on DL.cmo
add to that the fact that these 3rd party sites also take a portion as a commission (at least they do from the hotel side).... i always wondered why they took the 500 bonus miles away - seemed like a no brainer to keep people hooked to miles and booking through their own channels - keeping more $$ for the company...
Old Apr 28, 2009, 11:17 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Of course that's it along with some non-airline online travel service providers providing -- or helping with providing -- refunds (in some form or another) in the event of the fare dropping even long after ticketing.

The airline elimination of the online booking bonuses opened the door a bit wider for online travel agencies.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by nebraskaboy
add to that the fact that these 3rd party sites also take a portion as a commission (at least they do from the hotel side).... i always wondered why they took the 500 bonus miles away - seemed like a no brainer to keep people hooked to miles and booking through their own channels - keeping more $$ for the company...
I think they eliminated it because they got greedy....once the other agents started charging $5/$10, that created an automatic incentive for customers to use the airline websites - no need for them to offer you anything extra, you were coming anyway!!
Old Apr 28, 2009, 1:56 pm
used to be 'Flyfarfar'

Programs: DL, AA, SPG, MR, HGP, IHG
Its too bad Delta blocks all available flights though.

When I search some days, it only shows selected flights not all that are available. But if I go to other sites (ITA, etc), I can see all available flights.

Anyone know why?

Otherwise I can't take advantage of this.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 2:25 pm

Programs: delta.com leader
Originally Posted by flyfarfar

When I search some days, it only shows selected flights not all that are available. But if I go to other sites (ITA, etc), I can see all available flights.

Anyone know why?

Hi-Could you please send an example to me directly and we'll have a look? Often other sites will show flights that are operating, but without filtering whether seats remain or not...which is exactly what we do that in the shop by schedule path and in the flight schedules application. Customers shopping by price will have the responses filtered to show those that are available to book in the requested class of service/cabin...examples welcome to help us troubleshoot or clarify. THX--Josh
Old Apr 28, 2009, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by flyfarfar

Anyone know why?

If you are searching by price, I've had this issue before. Sometimes, eventhough a flight is available at the same price or cheaper it won't show up. Try selecting "search by schedule" and pick the flights you see on ITA
Old Apr 28, 2009, 3:02 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Related story here: http://blogs.usatoday.com/sky/2009/0...or-motive.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.