Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Up to 25K bonus miles for partner activity APR22-JUN22

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Up to 25K bonus miles for partner activity APR22-JUN22

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2009, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yup - making sure you only pay when necessary is pretty key. Is there any running total on the SkyMiles site, or do you just look at your activity and see how many unique partners show? I'm keeping a list in Excel, but just in case . . .

So far, I've done a $4 Shutterfly, a 99c iTunes, points.com (with signup bonus).
Old Apr 23, 2009, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Evan! -

Good call - I need to read more carefully.

So has anyone figured out the cheapest qualifying purchase within that list of merchants?
Old Apr 23, 2009, 5:48 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by josephstern
Yup - making sure you only pay when necessary is pretty key. Is there any running total on the SkyMiles site, or do you just look at your activity and see how many unique partners show? I'm keeping a list in Excel, but just in case . . .

So far, I've done a $4 Shutterfly, a 99c iTunes, points.com (with signup bonus).
We all wish that DL would have a running total on our accounts for our partner count. But alas, they don't and I wouldn't count on them adding it anytime soon. It would make their jobs easier because EVERYONE with a discrepancy will be contacting DL at the same time when bonus miles start posting. Keep your spreadsheet with, at minimum, the following information: partner activity date, partner activity transaction number if any, partner activity $ amount if any, SkyMiles posting date, and amount of posting miles.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 6:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by josephstern
Evan! -

Good call - I need to read more carefully.

So has anyone figured out the cheapest qualifying purchase within that list of merchants?
Free quote from Ameriprise or Liberty Mutual. $1 pump from Lather, plus shipping.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 6:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
Originally Posted by Evan!
Buy, Gift or Transfer Miles. (see post #102)
Which party gets the partner credit for a mileage transfer?
Old Apr 23, 2009, 6:35 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by PhilC
Which party gets the partner credit for a mileage transfer?
I believe the T&C say the instigator- i.e. the person who pays the fee!
Old Apr 23, 2009, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by bob12403
New mailing from Delta:
FTD: 25 miles/$ spent http://www.ftd.com/deltamp25/

1-800-Flowers: 25 miles/$ spent http://ww12.1800flowers.com/collecti...nerBeacon=true

Teleflora: 20 miles/$ spent http://www.delta.flowerclub.com/feat...ode=DT_MPE_MOM Promo code DTY9MPE

Organic Bouquet: 15 miles/$ spent http://www.organicbouquet.com/i_277/...sky_miles.html
You cannot use two promo codes @ Teleflora -- you can either have 20 MP$ -OR- 25% off w/ 10 MP$. However, I did see that eBates has 15% Cash Back for Teleflora. So you could have 20 MP$ w/15% back ^

eBates also has 15% CASH BACK for 1800Flowers & FTD, and 6% for Organic Bouquet -- which will work in conjunction with promo codes.

Note -- The first time I tried the code above (DTY9MPE) I got an error....will try again tomorrow.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by ALadyNCal
You cannot use two promo codes @ Teleflora -- you can either have 20 MP$ -OR- 25% off w/ 10 MP$.
Yes, but just to clarify, the promo code I listed is the code for 20 miles/$ spent:

LIMITED TIME OFFERS! EARN 20 MILES PER DOLLAR SPENT ON FLOWERS FOR MOM!
Promotion Code: DTY9MPE
Promotion period: 1/14/2009 - 5/30/2009
Offer valid for products over $30.
Offer valid on orders with 1 or more products.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 7:34 pm

Programs: Delta, AirTran
Someone listed "FEAST" as a restaurant.com promo code, it's expired.

"BONUS" will give you 60% and it expires 4/26!
Old Apr 23, 2009, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA Gold (1MM), SPG Gold, HHonors Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Anyone else actually try the Lather.com $1 replacement pump? The cheapest shipping I saw was $10.43.

Too bad my Netflix bonus hit on 4/20...d'oh!
Old Apr 23, 2009, 8:09 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
Originally Posted by tkey75
This is great! I've been holding out on some stuff waiting for this promotion. I was about to give up as it usually happens much earlier in the year. Thanks, OP!
I was thinking exact same thing for months . Here we go again. Everybody take screen shots of everything this time.
This is peanuts compared to last year's Avis and Budget's promo. Bring back those 9,999 mile rentals soon. That was sweet!
Old Apr 23, 2009, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler
No, the Skymilesmall counts as ONE partner. However, FTD & 1888Flowers (I believe) have their OWN link from delta.com. If you go to these sites from Skymilesmall- it will be counted as a skymilesmall purchase and NOT a separate partner. However, if you use the link from delta.com (in their earning miles from partners section), then FTD would count as a separate partner.

I am not aware of Alamo's $10/day promo. Link? Thanks!
Thank u very much! That's exactly how I saw it & now I'm clear on this. This is why I waited for DL to come out w/ their Mother's Day promos w/ the "flower partners." If u go to the Alamo site, it will be there. But go to Alamo's site via DL & see if it will work that way as well. If u book w/ ur AMEX, it should count (I hope). Hopefully someone can answer this better than I can explain it.

Last edited by mommafrica; Apr 24, 2009 at 11:55 am
Old Apr 23, 2009, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by Evan!
I asked DL about "Buy, Gift, or Transfer miles". ... The wording of their response still confuses me. I don't consider this question answered.
"Only one activity per partner is allowed, only one Buy Miles activity is allowed"

I think the terms and conditions were the same in '07 and '08. Maybe these 2 threads can tell you if doing a Buy, Gift, and Transfer counted as 3 activities, but I think it was 1.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...portunity.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-mar-15-a.html
Old Apr 23, 2009, 10:30 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by rrgg
"Only one activity per partner is allowed, only one Buy Miles activity is allowed"

I think the terms and conditions were the same in '07 and '08. Maybe these 2 threads can tell you if doing a Buy, Gift, and Transfer counted as 3 activities, but I think it was 1.
I also think it's 1, but the fact that NWA's promo has them each unique made me question it. (And NWA's promo T&C's also include the word "or.")

I corrected my restaurant.com promo code in the earlier post. Thanks, fatneko!

I've been careful not to jump into this too quickly. I'm inclined to think that some careful planning is in order so that I direct some of the partner miles to NWA and some to DL. I'm thinking that it's safer to make sure that I get 8 in each program than to struggle for 15 in DL. Plus, I'd like to complete at least 4 in each for my wife's account at the same time.

Anyone familiar with Vinessee's Wine Club? (Limited-time offer for 2K bonus miles for the trial month ends 5/15/09.) I'm leaning towards giving it a try instead of one of the others in the long list of retail partners which are grouped together.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 11:30 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
I will have at least 4 partner activities:
1)SM Shopping
2)RN Dining
3)Car Rental
4)AMEX

Thanks Evan for all the lists and ideas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.