Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EATS VS. Domestic F

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2009, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by newyorkmetz12
What if say at least 5 days before a flight they told you the meal options in F on domestic flights over 1500 miles and you had a choice to either

1. Opt for the meal
2. Say you don’t want the meal an instead get one option off the EATS menus

Would you sometimes take option 2. Do you think option 2 giving an F passenger an EATS dish is less costly then an F meal?

I wonder, especially having been on NWA a lot lately where they have the DELTA meals but no veg option I would have liked last night a salad from EATS as opposed to the chef salad in F.

What do you think.

PS. I am posting on the DELTA board since we have more experience with EATS>

PPS. I have heard (can someone confirm details) United gives F passengers free BOB options on some flights.
I've had times when they were out of the meal that I wanted and just asked for something off the EATS menu and they gave it to me without question or charge.

I also have never used it but I believe there is an option for a vegetarian meal if you request it a few days ahead of time.

Looks like the meals changed this week so you might have some new options on your future flights, yesterday they had the lunch menu and the options were a greek salad with chicken or a rueben with chips. I had the reuben and was pleasantly surprised. (Not that this helps with your veg request, just saying that things are changing)

Good luck!
Old Apr 3, 2009, 2:12 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
In principle, I don't buy airline food, no matter what it is called/labeled. But if it were offered for free, I would consider it.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by fti
In principle, I don't buy airline food, no matter what it is called/labeled. But if it were offered for free, I would consider it.
Wow, that's pretty closed minded. Some of the EATS options are pretty good and more economical than airport food (oh, I guess you don't eat THAT either).
Old Apr 4, 2009, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Does anyone have a guess as to how much it costs per item to put an EATS salad on the plane(if they sell it for 8 my guess would be in the 5-6 range)

Also what is the cost of the F luch salad(greek) and the F dinner option.

My point is it may cost less to give a passenger an EATS option.

Hence if they allow you to select this option prior to the flight it would be a win win situation, less cost and happier customer? Am I missing somthing?
Old Apr 4, 2009, 1:12 pm

Programs: MR Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
I flew F last night from LAX to ATL. Had the same options - Reuben or salad. I choose salad and was desperately wanting something off EATS instead. The cheese platter or their salad that I had on the way out in Y was WAY better.....

I did enjoy my free drinks though
Old Apr 4, 2009, 1:18 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by formeraa
Wow, that's pretty closed minded. Some of the EATS options are pretty good and more economical than airport food (oh, I guess you don't eat THAT either).
Call it what you will. Doesn't bother me. If I want to eat, I generally bring my own food - much fresher than airline food. Occasionally buy in the airport but usually way overpriced there too.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 6:13 pm

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
- there were apple slices on the turkey sandwich??? what the touch.
- did it also have bulk amounts of mayo?
- do they still do the fiesta corn salad? (don't really like it, just curious)
- had the fruit/cheese plate once off the EATS menu while flying cattle class..it was OK...not enough crackers for the amount of cheese they give you.
- i'm convinced that all domestic F meals are just chicken with some sort of mushroom sauce, a salad, brownie and a roll.
- i miss the days of filet mignon (still had mushrooms on it) with potatoes, rolls and then the ice cream sundae cart.....FTW!!!!
- bring back Crown Royal!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 5, 2009, 5:16 am

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jtrue28
- there were apple slices on the turkey sandwich??? what the touch.
- did it also have bulk amounts of mayo?
Back in Feb., it was actually served with apple butter - on current EATS menu - comes with honey mustard:

Delta EATS Menu
Old Apr 5, 2009, 8:28 am

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, HH Gold, MR Gold
I'm surprised DL doesn't offer this. I'd think the point of a premium cabin is to give the pax the best flight experience, and if that entails getting another bottle of liquor of a $8 meal from the back, so be it. While it's not advertised, UA's policy allows FC pax to request coach BOB meals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.