Wiki Posts
Search

International Connection Terminal 3

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2009, 5:23 am
Original Poster

International Connection Terminal 3

Hi,

I'm flying from Spain soon with Delta to JFK and connecting to IAD with Delta Connection. 4 hours gap there. The same ticket, so I think no need to check-out and check-in.

First (I'm from Spain), I think immigration will be cleared at JFK, right? and also at IAD? How is Terminal 3 for 4 hours waiting, is it comfortable? I'll change my euros to dollars there, as I'm plenty of time, is there a good place there with good rates or is it better to do it somewhere else?

I've heard bad things about Delta Connection from JFK, may I expect some delay? I've seen it's quite a small plane (Comair), is it a comfortable flight to IAD?

I know there are a few questions, any comments would be great and thanks in advance
Old Mar 30, 2009, 6:02 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by ape_huva
Hi,

I'm flying from Spain soon with Delta to JFK and connecting to IAD with Delta Connection. 4 hours gap there. The same ticket, so I think no need to check-out and check-in.

First (I'm from Spain), I think immigration will be cleared at JFK, right? and also at IAD? How is Terminal 3 for 4 hours waiting, is it comfortable? I'll change my euros to dollars there, as I'm plenty of time, is there a good place there with good rates or is it better to do it somewhere else?

I've heard bad things about Delta Connection from JFK, may I expect some delay? I've seen it's quite a small plane (Comair), is it a comfortable flight to IAD?

I know there are a few questions, any comments would be great and thanks in advance
First of all, four hours should be plenty of time to clear immigration at JFK. And yes, TSA policy is that all passengers entering the country clear immigration/customs at the port of entry... in this case JFK. Once you're in the country, you can move freely without any more passport checks, though you will have to reclear security after immigration. (If you purchase any duty free liquds on the flight to JFK, it will be necessary to put those liquids into your checked luggage after immigration, before you return your luggage to DL for the remainder of your journey.) You will not need to "check-in" again at JFK - you should get boarding passes all the way to IAD at your original point of departure.

It's most likely your IAD flight will technically be departing from T2, which has plenty of nice retail and restaurants (T2 and T3 are connected inside security, and take about 15 minutes to travel from end to end). You didn't say if you're flying in Business Elite from Spain. If so, you're free to visit any of the four Crown Rooms located throughout both buildings. If not, you can purchase a $50 day pass, a good benefit because it includes drinks and light appetizers.

As for JFK-IAD, at the moment that route is operated by Freedom, not Comair. Substantially, there isn't much of a difference. In Freedom's case, you'll fly on an Embraer Regional Jet, which is reasonably comfortable if a bit small. Delays can be rough, but with the congestion in the NY/NJ/PHL airspace it's kind of hard to do anything about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.